Apple expected to release new Final Cut Studio near NAB Show

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more speculation about the fact that some Apple exec was quoted as saying Apple was glad to see Intel QuadCore (i7 ?) procs, because they needed them for a new product. A mid-tower with a couple of PCI slots for expandability would be a boon for a lot of studios, large and small, that choose to buy less Macs, because there's no reason to buy Mac Pros for everyone or choose to buy no Macs because of the cost of expandability. Mac minis and iMacs have no expandability, thus making them pretty useless for production purposes.
  • Reply 42 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ipodrulz View Post

I hope Apple does something about Aperture. It is by far the WORST PRODUCT APPLE HAS EVER DEVELOPED. I just wish they could combine iPhoto and Aperture. iPhoto has all these cool features and a sensible method of organizing your photos while Aperture has a lot of editing power. sigh

What cool features does iPhoto have? Faces? Give me a break. That sucks. Keywords? Oh wait, iPhoto still sucks at keywords. Aperture is so much better than iPhoto. What changes would I like to see in Aperture? The one thing that stands out to me is it locks up for minutes when I click on All Images. It should be a lot more responsive. Especially when I've got about 5,000 photos in Aperture and we have 30,000 in iPhoto.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jocknerd View Post

What cool features does iPhoto have? Faces? Give me a break. That sucks. Keywords? Oh wait, iPhoto still sucks at keywords. Aperture is so much better than iPhoto. What changes would I like to see in Aperture? The one thing that stands out to me is it locks up for minutes when I click on All Images. It should be a lot more responsive. Especially when I've got about 5,000 photos in Aperture and we have 30,000 in iPhoto.

You forgot to dis iPhoto's geolocation features. Seriously, you're probably way too harsh about Faces. It's probably a good feature for its intended market. Whatever weaknesses it has will probably be improved on bugfix releases or the next major version.

I end up having to print using iPhoto or Photoshop because Aperture's print system just didn't work for me, the prints came out just wrong, and it looked like getting it correct meant spending $400+ to get a print and screen calibration system.

I'll get around to giving Lightroom a serious try, because there are several useful (to me) features it has that Aperture simply doesn't offer.
  • Reply 44 of 50
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    I know quite a few professional photographers who use Aperture. They may have their gripes and wishes, none of them have this extreme of an opinion about it.

Quote:

I hope Apple does something about Aperture. It is by far the WORST PRODUCT APPLE HAS EVER DEVELOPED.

• Reply 45 of 50
    oh man, FCS3 and Phenomenon - If Apple releases that in April it will be a big big big day.

I am soo looking forward to that.

Phill

[twitter: http://twitter.com/phillipgibb ]

[blog: http://synapticlight.com/ ]
  • Reply 46 of 50
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,435member
    http://www.toolfarm.com/2009/03/rumo...3-to-drop.html

Quote:

Word on the street is that Final Cut Studio 3 will be available next Wednesday, March 24. I've been following this for the past few weeks and the blog-o-sphere is abuzz. Will Phenomenon, the alleged Shake/Motion hybrid, be included?. How about that storyboarding app that we blogged about in February? How about the Final Cut Pro, Color, Soundtrack Pro, etc. being combined into a single app? How big would that be?!

It has been 2 years since FCS2 was out. I demoed the beta of Motion at NAB07 with beta plug-ins... oh, fun times! Seriously, it was a lot of fun.

Let's hope so
  • Reply 47 of 50
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by synapticlight View Post

oh man, FCS3 and Phenomenon - If Apple releases that in April it will be a big big big day.

April is a month...not a day.
  • Reply 48 of 50
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

April is a month...not a day.

He obviously means that the DAY they release it in April will be "a big big big day."
  • Reply 49 of 50
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,797member
    Quote:

I hope Apple does something about Aperture. It is by far the WORST PRODUCT APPLE HAS EVER DEVELOPED. I just wish they could combine iPhoto and Aperture. iPhoto has all these cool features and a sensible method of organizing your photos while Aperture has a lot of editing power. sigh

Agreed that I wish Aperture had many iPhoto features although the need for both products would remain simply to have the lower end for iLife. I have ended up having to use both in parallel most of the time to get the best of both Worlds.
  • Reply 50 of 50
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,797member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jocknerd View Post

Now you ask I honestly can't quite put my finger on what it is I'd like to see. Each has features I really like so some sort of feature migration might be worth while. The navigation and event handling seems not quite right in Aperture. I hope Aperture will improve with the next upgrade and I would love better iLife integration. Even those of us using Pro Apps love iLife too.