boot camp alternative

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi, i just recently discovered that boot camp 1.4 is no longer available. What other alternatives are there to access boot camp or use it?

I have macbook 2.0 aluminum with leopard?

if any, a download link would be appreciated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    The latest version of BootCamp is part of Leopard. The expired bit is the preview for 10.5 (Tiger).
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ibluffibluff Posts: 30member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karl Kuehn View Post

The latest version of BootCamp is part of Leopard. The expired bit is the preview for 10.5 (Tiger).

and how do i get this bootcamp? I have the install disks of mac X both CDs...i cant find it on my computer anywhere
  • Reply 3 of 5
    If you have 10.5 installed, and you have a Intel computer (PPC will not work), then it should be at:

/Applications/Utilities/Boot Camp Assistant.app

If it is not there, then you either don't have 10.5 or don't have an Intel computer... or someone has deleted it. There is no option to install it or not, it is always installed with 10.5 on Intel computers.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ibluffibluff Posts: 30member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karl Kuehn View Post

If you have 10.5 installed, and you have a Intel computer (PPC will not work), then it should be at:

/Applications/Utilities/Boot Camp Assistant.app

If it is not there, then you either don't have 10.5 or don't have an Intel computer... or someone has deleted it. There is no option to install it or not, it is always installed with 10.5 on Intel computers.

ok so its not there, are there any ways to install it?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    rezwitsrezwits Posts: 878member
    It should be where they said, in the Utilities Folder inside of Applications. If it's not there, I don't know if Pacifist works yet with leopard, haven't needed it for anything... but, other than that re-install. If that doesn't work then re-install again, but this time partition your hard drive in disk utility manually, that is all boot camp really does anyway. It lets you partition and join and partition over and over if you want. If you manually partition in disk utility, you won't be able to just remove the windows partition easily...

Put windows in and hold down c

Laters