Any news of Jaguar and OpenGL games?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Does anyone know from word or experience whether Jaguar addresses some of the performance issues of OpenGL games?

The reports I'v received are contradictory, one saying better performance of Warcraft in OSX opposed to OS9, and yet another denying that.

Warcraft is good enough to boot into OS9 per use, but will this have to continue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    i heard they were 'snappier'

tehehe...

(ducks and runs.. far)
  • Reply 2 of 6
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    I haven't played Warcraft 3 in OS 9, but I've played it in 10.1.5, and now multiple builds of Jaguar, including 6C113. I don't think I can say Warcraft runs any faster in Jaguar than it did in 10.1.5... but then, why would it? I think it does launch faster though.

I do think Unreal Tournament X runs better in Jaguar than 10.1... don't ask me why. No benchmarks, it just seems to be running better.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Well its not an OpenGL game, but 6C115 has made Civilization 3 playable on a 333 Mhz iMac. My girlfriend used to reboot to 9...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    [quote]Originally posted by Xool:

<strong>Well its not an OpenGL game, but 6C115 has made Civilization 3 playable on a 333 Mhz iMac. My girlfriend used to reboot to 9...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Your gf plays civ3 ?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    My Wife played Civ 3 a bit.

[ 08-08-2002: Message edited by: X704 ]</p>