Dock devices, what do you want to see?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
So they had the blood pressure reader and the FM tuner, but there has to be so much scope for attached devices that use the iPhone as a controller. What do you want to see?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajprice View Post

So they had the blood pressure reader and the FM tuner, but there has to be so much scope for attached devices that use the iPhone as a controller. What do you want to see?

iFitness.

I want an iPhone accessory that monitors my heart rate and speaks the numbers to me in addition to many other diagnostic categories.

It should also link to the fitness hardware and download/upload my relevant information so that I can chart my athletic prowess or lack thereof.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    s8er01zs8er01z Posts: 144member
    I would like to see a LifePaq 12 connector (jumping off the rig with patient vitals in hand would be nice), or just a connector with leads for a 4 lead hookup (using the Iphone as a mini EKG / LifePaq monitor) and maybe ODBII interface for my car to read codes and other information.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    CinemaDock

This dock will allow you to dock your iPod Touch/iPhone into a cradle with an HDMI output that supports CEC (Consumer Electronics Control)

It will then interface wirelessly with a touchscreen that maps the CEC device controls and other IR or RF signals.

Basically this will give you Crestron like touchscreen Home Theatre love.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Automated vitals monitor.

Then I want an app that retrieves or gets the information when I walk into the hospital or I can retrieve when out of the hospital.

During the keynote J&J presented an application for diabetics to use to help monitor their blood glucose level. I think the iPhone is going to make BIG inroads in medical applications.

Already most physicians I know have switched to an iPhone.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Already most physicians I know have switched to an iPhone.

Rich bastards.

Home Automation

iPhone links into HA system to control lighting and sprinklers and more.

Proximity sensor engages lights and cranks up AC when you walk through the

door.

Interfaces with Insteon and Zigbee hardware. Apple offers support for HA features in add on pack to iPhone SDK 3.x
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ajpriceajprice Posts: 320member
    I know it will let an iPhone control an accessory, would it work the other way around, with an accessory giving control over the iPhone? (keyboard, gamepad etc).

Cases could be interesting, something like the LG Versa with a screen and basic control on the outside of the case, and a keyboard when its opened up. One niggle with the iPhone is that you can't tell if there's a message or missed call with the screen off. If there was a case with a message light on it that would be good.