Apple sued for promoting iPhone as eBook reader

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by knightlie View Post

Exactly. Kindle is sold specifically as a book-reading device, the iPhone is not.

Sounds like a load of arse to me.

Maybe because Kindle is not touch screen, nor is LCD at all..?
  • Reply 82 of 84
    I think suing Apple because the iPhone can display ebooks is insane. I have been reading ebooks on a Windows Mobile enabled smartphone since a couple of years before the first iPhones became available in the United States. Why would Switzerland-based MONEC Holding Ltd accuse Apple of patent infringement when any smartphone capable of running PDF or CHM reading software makes an effective ebook reader?
  • Reply 83 of 84
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TonyXavier View Post

I think suing Apple because the iPhone can display ebooks is insane. I have been reading ebooks on a Windows Mobile enabled smartphone since a couple of years before the first iPhones became available in the United States. Why would Switzerland-based MONEC Holding Ltd accuse Apple of patent infringement when any smartphone capable of running PDF or CHM reading software makes an effective ebook reader?

...because it's owned by Bill Gates???*

*the conjecture in the above post is fictional, any resemblance to any character either living or dead is purely unintentiional.
  • Reply 84 of 84
    irikkirikk Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

No LCD screen, they use e-paper.

Awesome answer! Bwahahahaha!