Home icon in 10.2

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm one that goes overboard sometimes on icons on my computer.

On 10.1.x I edited the toolbar icons was a easy.

simply replace the .icns in the

system>libary>coreservices>finder>reso urces

to whatever icon I wanted.

In 10.2 they seem to have reorganized it a lot.

I have been able to find most of them searching around. I.E the "computer" icon is actually imac.icns in "systemsicon.bundle"

but no matter how hard I try, I can't find the "Home" icon[The little house we're so acustomed to seeing]

Anyone know where it resides in now?

~Kuku

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemIcons.bundle/Contents/Resources/SystemIcons.rsrc

icon resource ID -21684

Try changing that. You'll probably have to restart for changes to take effect.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Is the "computer" icon changing depending on what your model is?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Not so far with any builds I've used (haven't used the supposed GM)
  • Reply 4 of 11
    <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=15730&db=mac"; target="_blank">This</a> could help, but I'm not sure it works with Jaguar or not.

-Mike
  • Reply 5 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by MGossett:

<strong><a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=15730&db=mac"; target="_blank">This</a> could help, but I'm not sure it works with Jaguar or not.</strong><hr></blockquote>No, that doesn't help here.

Nebagakid:

No, the computer icon does not change. It has not changed based on your computer in *any* build of Jaguar.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>No, that doesn't help here.

Nebagakid:

No, the computer icon does not change. It has not changed based on your computer in *any* build of Jaguar.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Would be a cool feature though.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    The 17" iMacs, which were running 10.2, did have new iMac home icons when I saw them in a Apple store.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    That's becuase the OS was probly a very early build of Jaguar. That and the debugger code might have had a part in certian things not being able to be changed.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Actually, Master, the flat panel iMac icon *is* the default for the home icon on all installs of any recent Jag builds. It's been there since at least the 6C8x builds.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    puhhhh!

hi, i'm peve's cube and i was confused about that imac icon.

i almost thought ... i was a imac.

thanx!

&lt;&lt;mumbel&gt;&gt;i am a cube. i am a cube. i am a cube. i am a cube. i am a cube. i am a cube. i am a cube.&lt;&lt;/mumbel&gt;&gt;
  • Reply 11 of 11
    kukukuku Posts: 254member
    Well thanks to starfleetx it worked. A little more difficult then previous releases.

A possible bug that I've also stumbled apon is that you cant change the icon for the "utlities" folder in appication.

To all visutal cue's it's just a normal folder. Either it's a glitch from upgrading, a glitch in general, or apple's weird way of shaking their finger about what to do with your OS.

The is reminisent of the 10.0 HD thing heh.

And yes, it's the new iMac.icns for all computers. They didn't make an icon for any other models that I stumbled apon.

Well It's changable anyway.

~Kuku