NVIDIA strikes back against Intel

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,437member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pfister4u View Post

Laugh all the way to the bank for your next Mac. I'll just use my ATM Card to purchase the same machine without the logo on it.

NAME ONE PART IN YOUR MAC THAT CAN'T BE PURCHASED OFF THE SHELF.

THE BATTERY.

WHEN YOU ARE READY TO UPGRADE YOUR 15" POUR BOOK GET READY TO SHELL OUT $1,200 TO GET 8GB OF RAM.

Yawn. You're not even a good Troll.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    floccusfloccus Posts: 138member
    Quote:

Laugh all the way to the bank for your next Mac. I'll just use my ATM Card to purchase the same machine without the logo on it.

THE BATTERY.

WHEN YOU ARE READY TO UPGRADE YOUR 15" POUR BOOK GET READY TO SHELL OUT $1,200 TO GET 8GB OF RAM.

Ok, try adding 8GB of RAM to Dell's Adamo. You can't. Dell Inspiron 15 which starts at $399? DDR2 and you still can't. XPS M1350 starting at $1100? DDR2 and an extra $600. Lets try the Lenovo T500 starting at 1200? Double that for 8GB of DDR3 (its actually $1210, but who's really counting?).

Next time do your research.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I'm a big fan of AMD. If Apple went AMD would that lower their pricepoints? Hmm....

Does AMD have competitive mobile chips? I think that was the biggest stumbling block in the past.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by floccus View Post

Ok, try adding 8GB of RAM to Dell's Adamo. You can't. Dell Inspiron 15 which starts at $399? DDR2 and you still can't. XPS M1350 starting at $1100? DDR2 and an extra $600. Lets try the Lenovo T500 starting at 1200? Double that for 8GB of DDR3 (its actually $1210, but who's really counting?).

Next time do your research.

Yawn...

Next.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    OK, I'll bite. I shouldn't, but whatever. If you came here just to try to raise a shitstorm, then you've come to the wrong place.

Quote:

THE BATTERY.

That's not a thoughrough list. Does anyone else sell a multitouch touchpad? How about the unibody chassis? Is there any counterpart to that? Do any other notebook computers have a backlit keyboard? What proportion of Windows computers consistently wake from sleep?

Quote:

What is the equivalent from another notebook brand? What do they charge to upgrade to 8GB of DDR3?
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

OK, I'll bite. I shouldn't, but whatever. If you came here just to try to raise a shitstorm, then you've come to the wrong place.

That's not a thoughrough list. Does anyone else sell a multitouch touchpad? How about the unibody chassis? Is there any counterpart to that? Do any other notebook computers have a backlit keyboard? What proportion of Windows computers consistently wake from sleep?

What is the equivalent from another notebook brand? What do they charge to upgrade to 8GB of DDR3?

This $549 mini-notebook is one of the first Windows laptops to offer a multitouch pad.

PC World's headline not mine.

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/produ...ee_pc_900.html

Dell for the unibody.

http://www.adamobydell.com/

Two quick Google searches

As for the 8gb of Ram, Vista has always been offered in 64bit but since no software other than Adobe CS4 takes advantage of it no many have upgrqaded.

With Windows 7 this should change, All major PC software are currently testing right now.

We can do that. Microsoft makes their upgrades beta's available to millions of the web.

I'm waiting to hear what Apple's latest Snow Kitty has to offer in this arena. I hear you're getting new colors to work with for the look of the OS.

This should be enough to please 99% of mac users. Both Windows 7 and Kitty take advantage of GPU usage and both are lowering their footprint as far as size of OS.

I'd stay on for a little more fun but it's late. PC's can wake up from Sleep when they need to you are thinking of Vista 2 years ago.

Do your research.

Edit. SHITSTORM. That is not the type of vulgar language I'm used to seeing in a PC forum.

Remember, a lot of kids are on your site. Respect common forum practice and stop using offensive language.

Mom, I read SHITSTORM on AppleInsider what does that mean? I don't know but here's $3,000 for your lunch money.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Quote:

Dell for the unibody.

http://www.adamobydell.com/

Bad example, given your previous begging for a cheap computer. Adamo is more expensive and slower than the Apple counterpart. As it is, the chassis isn't an off the shelf part.

Quote:

As for the 8gb of Ram, Vista has always been offered in 64bit but since no software other than Adobe CS4 takes advantage of it no many have upgrqaded.

Even if no single app can use all of 8GB, it helps if you use multiple large programs.

But I didn't ask what software can use it, I asked what it costs to get 8GB in a competing notebook from the manufacturer, since you were the one whining about $1200 for 8GB of notebook RAM. Complaining about Apple doing it doesn't work if the other companies do charge the same for the same upgrade, which you ignored such examples. I don't think it matters what brand you buy, you're usually best off buying the memory separately and upgrading it yourself.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by floccus View Post

Ok, try adding 8GB of RAM to Dell's Adamo. You can't.

You can't add any ram to Apple's Air either.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    arteckxarteckx Posts: 39member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

What proportion of Windows computers consistently wake from sleep?

I forgot about that...bad memories.

The answer, of course, is none when you have forgotten to save your work before shutting the lid and running to your next class.

Good mention though. I never see that one come up.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    ibillibill Posts: 400member
    Moderators, please delete user Pfister4u.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    Unfortunately Apple would never move to AMD. It would be way too risky and probably put a little hurt on their company because they would have to allow their OS to run with AMD CPU's without running a panic kernel. So.... basically because Mac OS X would run on AMD, Intel, and Power PC CPU's, you would no longer need a mac to run their OS. A group of people out in California have already tweaked with Mac Leopard allowing people to install OS X on non native hardware such as AMD CPU's and Apple making the switch over would just make this project that much easier. Sorry if this is jumbled hopefully you guys can get what i am saying. Intel sucks btw. All the company does is use existing technology to further their own advances such as leaching off nVidia's technology to try and further their crap GMA GPU's and AMD hold's many patents that Intel uses. AMD came up with the technology long before Intel knew what was going on such as 64bit CPU's and hyper threading technology not to mention the new Intel iCore7 CPU architecture is almost identical to AMD's phenom CPU's which once again have been on the market for a much longer time. And what Intel does is after using another companies technology they come back and try to F' them over. Right now obviously they are trying to screw nVidia and i also heard that they are trying to get AMD to stop making x86 CPU's after they have already been using AMD's technology.

Hope that makes sense, im kind of bad with wording.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    shogunshogun Posts: 362member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smcbeaven View Post

Sorry if this is jumbled hopefully you guys can get what i am saying.

Here's a tip. Use paragraphs. Hit <Enter> twice between your thoughts.

Without paragraphs we're reading the first 1/3 of your post at most. It's just too hard to wade through all those words...