Where to buy CD mounting foam dots?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A while back, I recieved a CD from a company called Tony Stone. The CD case was just a piece of flexible plastic folded in half (well, actully into 3 sections, there was a spine to the case) with a foam dot adhered to the inside of the case. The diameter of the dot was equal to the diameter of the hole in a CD, so you placed the CD on there, and it held. Around the dot are the words "Compac Stud? Copyright." I have searched for Compac Stud, but have turned up empty handed.

I did find a company that does CD duplication that has something similar that they call The Oasis Soft Spot®, only it appears to be a hexagon rather than a circle.

I need some of these!

Does anyone know where I can get them?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stroszek

A while back, I recieved a CD from a company called Tony Stone. The CD case was just a piece of flexible plastic folded in half (well, actully into 3 sections, there was a spine to the case) with a foam dot adhered to the inside of the case. The diameter of the dot was equal to the diameter of the hole in a CD, so you placed the CD on there, and it held. Around the dot are the words "Compac Stud? Copyright." I have searched for Compac Stud, but have turned up empty handed.

I did find a company that does CD duplication that has something similar that they call The Oasis Soft Spot®, only it appears to be a hexagon rather than a circle.

I need some of these!

i hate those. i have a cd with one and i can't get the cd out
  • Reply 2 of 10
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

5inch.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Thanks!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Thanks!

No problem.

FYI, the foam hubs have a shiny layer of clear plastic on top (don't know if you can see that in the pic) and are white, not off-white like the pic shows.

I use the plastic hubs mostly. The CD seems to just hold in place better.

They're cheap enough to order a few of each and try 'em out for yourself.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Thanks for the info. I actually ordered one of each because I wasn't too sure how I felt about the shiny layer on top. As often as I go to that site and look at their stuff, you would think that I would have noticed those before now. Oh well.

Thanks 709, you're the greatest!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    at cdmountingfoamdotemporium.com of course!
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Well, that is the first place I tried. But they are temporarily out of stock, and I needed them immediately...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Those bastards. When are they going to take a value-added approach to customer service?! It won't be long before cdfoammountything.com kicks their ass all over the marketplace!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    A thread hasn't made me this happy in a long time.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Self adhessive cd spider, cd foam button, pvc or poliethilene cd mounting button www.cd-spider.com