mac ibook G4

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
accidently click to the network from the startup disk and the notebook restart,show blinking finder and small icon folder,press option then came out the big pad lock with the blank long square and the arrow beside..i have lost my disc mac ox intallation,it there any downloadtable disc? pls help..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    use Bluetooth Copy.

I hope to help you
  • Reply 2 of 5
    utisnum1utisnum1 Posts: 138member
    Put in the Install Disc and change the settings.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    viekieviekie Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UTisNUM1 View Post

Put in the Install Disc and change the settings.

thz 4 ur reply,

the problem is i hv lost the install disc....anyone can help..? i need to know how to settle thz little problem...:???
  • Reply 4 of 5
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    This happened to me one time. In my case, I just waited and my iMac finally booted. Guess it finally gives up trying to find a network to boot from. It took a couple of minutes to boot. Hopefully, all you have to do is be patient and wait. If it does boot, then go back and change the startup disk back to Mac OS. Also, in the future, you can help to eliminate this problem by going to Security and putting a check in the box "Require password to unlock each System Preference pane." Hope it all works out!!!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by viekie View Post

thz 4 ur reply,

the problem is i hv lost the install disc....anyone can help..? i need to know how to settle thz little problem...:???

you can always torrent but thats kinda bad, otherwise if it still doesnt boot maybe take a run and spend some money on leopard, or maybe look at local selling sites for a dvd of what ever os u want otherwise you cannot download from apple or anything so yeah. what gets me is how alot of people loose there osx dvds