Force iMovie to run on Rosetta?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I need to use Rosetta in iMovie for my Chroma Key plugin from Cf/x to work, but when I go to Get info, there is no box I can check for Rosetta, in fact, I can't seem to find anything about Rosetta on my computer. I'd appreciate help, please! \ ASAP! I need Chroma Key for a video this weekend.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rattietayls View Post

I need to use Rosetta in iMovie for my Chroma Key plugin from Cf/x to work, but when I go to Get info, there is no box I can check for Rosetta, in fact, I can't seem to find anything about Rosetta on my computer. I'd appreciate help, please! \ ASAP! I need Chroma Key for a video this weekend.

Which version of iMovie do you have? I think I read that iMovie 08 (which probably means 09, too) doesn't support plugins and maybe that's the problem. According to Apple, though, iMovie 09 has some kind of chromakey functionality built in as a new feature.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kmac1036kmac1036 Posts: 281member
    If it's iMovie HD, then you can do it:
    1. Click the application's icon in the Finder, such as Safari's icon.

2. From the Finder File menu, choose Get Info (or press Command-I).

3. Select the checkbox named "Open using Rosetta."

4. Close the Get Info window.

• Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

Which version of iMovie do you have? I think I read that iMovie 08 (which probably means 09, too) doesn't support plugins and maybe that's the problem. According to Apple, though, iMovie 09 has some kind of chromakey functionality built in as a new feature.

Hudson: I have iMovie HD 6.

kmac: That doesn't work, there is no checkbox for "Open Using Rosetta"
  • Reply 4 of 4
    trtamtrtam Posts: 111member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rattietayls View Post

Hudson: I have iMovie HD 6.

kmac: That doesn't work, there is no checkbox for "Open Using Rosetta"

If it's a newer version of iMovie, perhaps it's because the installer only installed files for the native Intel version?

Otherwise, perhaps there isn't support for Rosetta because iMovie is such a resource intensive application?