Microsoft's Lauren ad faked say bloggers

Comments

• Reply 41 of 187
    jeeez, of course it's all fake, and of course everybody does that! That's the purpose of ads! They trick you into buying shit. People at McDonald's aren't as joyful when they sell you hamburgers. The Wendy's owner was never at the place when I visited. And the Verizon guy has never come by my house checking the wireless signal. Sprint's CEO does not walk NYC in black and white taking to himself.

Danielle Dilger you are the worst pseudo journalist on the internet. How sad.
  • Reply 42 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth View Post

And California is one of those states? No.

It doesn't matter if it's CA or PA. It's an AD. Not *real* life. Not real, all staged, like American Idol, Wife Swapping Reality Shows, The Steelers' Super Bowl wins, etc... pick your poison.
  • Reply 43 of 187
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    I can't believe we get yet another ridiculous Microsoft bashing thread from AI. Like WTF? As if? Who cares?

Where's the more important sheet like the Woz getting booting off DWTS or the Queen of England receiving an iPod from the President of the United States?

Come on AI- you can do better.
  • Reply 44 of 187
    jpklockjpklock Posts: 25member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut View Post

jeeez, of course it's all fake, and of course everybody does that! That's the purpose of ads! They trick you into buying shit. People at McDonald's aren't as joyful when they sell you hamburgers. The Wendy's owner was never at the place when I visited. And the Verizon guy has never come by my house checking the wireless signal. Sprint's CEO does not walk NYC in black and white taking to himself.

On the other hand, none of those commercials EXPLICITLY CLAIMED that the ad was reality. The MS add featuring Lauren de Long DID EXPLICITLY CLAIM that it was an actual real-life experience.

Yes, saavy consumers can be expected to understand that, no matter how earnest the claimant appears, ad men are probably lying (NB: my father and grandfather were both ad men... so I might be biased...) But, the thread here is simply noting that this is an excellent example of the boldest sort of bald-faced untruth: that which comes right out and says, "No, really, this is absolutely true," while still lying.
  • Reply 45 of 187
    allblueallblue Posts: 393member
    I managed to last 56 seconds into the Songsmith ad, but then I am a fan of the horror genre.
  • Reply 46 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by italiankid View Post

Dude I own Apple products... Ps... The ones I see for Rogers and AT&T don't show that its shortened. I see them all the time...

Ps That is why the european union banned them... Good on them.

I was under the impression the UK banned some of them for stating the iPhone had "all pieces of the internet" which it clearly didn't because of the lack of flash. I could be wrong though.
  • Reply 47 of 187
    jeffharrisjeffharris Posts: 786member
    Jesus Fucking Christ! Give it a rest!

We all know that Microsoft is a shitty, evil, lying, thieving scummy company.

Is anyone surprised?

Lauren IS awfully cute, though!
  • Reply 48 of 187
    igxqrrligxqrrl Posts: 105member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

You shouldn't believe everything you read on the web though.

If you think about it for a second, there is no way Lauren could have been fooled into thinking it was a "market research survey" beyond the point at which she showed up for the first shoot. She probably knew about it even sooner than that.

The ad clearly shows actors walking back and forth on the sidewalk when she enters the Apple store and the same actors again, when she leaves it. If she was being fooled into thinking it was market research, the actors should have tipped her off. If they were really trying hard to fool her (doubtful), they would have even filmed the scenes in sequence so she would have known from the first scene that it was a commercial.

You'd have to be an idiot of the first order to ever think this was a real consumer and pretty dumb to think that maybe she is an actress but was "fooled" into thinking it's market research.

The only rational reason for the film crew *not* letting her in on their intentions would be that they want to "reveal" the truth to her at the end and film her reaction (which they didn't), so why wouldn't they tell her when she first arrives on set (or even sooner) what the deal is?

Actually, it seems quite likely to me that she showed up, participated in the 'market research' study, which was to find a 17" laptop for under $1000. That might not have been filmed. Afterward, they filmed a less spontaneous "reenactment".

Really, though, who knows or cares.. It's an ad.
  • Reply 49 of 187
    stubeckstubeck Posts: 140member
    This is just sad this is considered "news."
  • Reply 50 of 187
    smilingoatsmilingoat Posts: 153member
    next your going to tell me that Justin Long isnt an *actual* mac.

seriously people, its a commercial, and to be honest they have a good point. there is certainly a large amount of "smug" within the apple community, and you cant get a 17in apple notebook for $1000 at the apple store.

whats to argue about?
  • Reply 51 of 187
    italiankiditaliankid Posts: 279member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth View Post

It was in Los Angeles, genius.

I really didnt study the Ad like you mac heads do. I got better things to do...

Is your bed Mac Proof? If not, call 1-977-Mac-Beds. They deliver in the USA.

With it you get a free iMac!

30 day money back guarantee if not happy. Just call Apple.

DO it now if you love APPLE! DO IT! NOW!
  • Reply 52 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeffharris View Post

She is a hottie and that red hair drives me nuts!

As for her paying $699 for a Vista PC, it looks like she turned down the extended warranty Best Buy loves trying to sell too!
  • Reply 53 of 187
    gyokurogyokuro Posts: 83member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post

wow that songsmith commercial is vile, the moment the singing started it felt like a swift kick to the groin

OMG. I felt like punching myself in the face after listening to about 30 sec. of that sh*t. Horrible.
  • Reply 54 of 187
    gyokurogyokuro Posts: 83member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeffharris View Post

Jesus Fucking Christ! Give it a rest!

We all know that Microsoft is a shitty, evil, lying, thieving scummy company.

Is anyone surprised?

All things considered, I don't think Jesus had anything to do with this thread or the "news" story.

• Reply 55 of 187
    Good ad. If it has people talking about on either side of the issue it's effective and hence works.

It will be interesting what the follow-up ads will be. This is looking more and more like an all out assault from Miscrosoft after all the slaps Apple has gotten away with for years.

This will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

I'm finding the Apple iPhone App ads to be kind of annoying actually.

I'm not really surprised though that anyone would be alarmed to think an ad would not use an actor.

There are some really stupid people around these days without common sense and easily manipulated. Look how we elect our leaders.
  • Reply 56 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmilinGoat View Post

next your going to tell me that Justin Long isnt an *actual* mac.

Well I did believe Noah Wyle was Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 57 of 187
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    I think one poster back on page 1 caught the real and sad irony... Microsoft is reduced to advertising PCs and can't even muster up the courage to make any mention of Windows or any other of their own products. If you know you're that bad, why advertise at all?

I'm guessing HP payed for a good chunk of the thing. The only hardware names mentioned by name are HP and Apple. Steve Jobs must be laughing.
  • Reply 58 of 187
    ivladivlad Posts: 742member
    The fact of the matter is that Microsoft targets retarded people. I mean everyone knows Macs are more expensive. So it Acura from Honda. But a lot of people choose Acura (for example)

Microsoft seems to fail at all it does. Where my big ass table by the way?
  • Reply 59 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

I think one poster back on page 1 caught the real and sad irony... Microsoft is reduced to advertising PCs and can't even muster up the courage to make any mention of Windows or any other of their own products. If you know you're that bad, why advertise at all?

I'm guessing HP payed for a good chunk of the thing. The only hardware names mentioned by name are HP and Apple. Steve Jobs must be laughing.

Microsoft is merely pimping the worldwide economic crisis to it's own advantage with an ad about economizing. Why would they mention Windows? It's too expensive.
  • Reply 60 of 187
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by italiankid View Post

Ps That is why the european union banned them... Good on them.

It was not the EU. It was the UK Advertising Standards Authority.

You want to know something interesting kid? There was a grand total of NINETEEN people that complained about two of Apple's iPhone ads. I suspect that quite a few of them were people not unlike yourself.