Moved: New AOL for OSX?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Anyone here have AOL for OSX? It just came out so I want to see how good it is. The beta sucked, but I hear the new release uses Gecko as the embedded browser, not IE anymore. Any reports?......................

[ 08-13-2002: Message edited by: steve666 ]

[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: Jonathan ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Actually, the beta wasn't bad at all. All of the AOL for OS X version 2 betas haven't had IE.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Not bad at all. But now they need to get a new IMer out...setting away messages crashes it every time on 10.2 GM.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by SpiffyGuyC:

<strong>Not bad at all. But now they need to get a new IMer out...setting away messages crashes it every time on 10.2 GM.</strong><hr></blockquote>

If you're using 10.2 why not use iChat?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I have used it. And, no, the last edition of it used IE 5. I knew this because you could drag the text around just like in IE. Now you can't. It is fast, though. It could always be faster, but I can't complain even on my Wallstreet 233. If you HAVE to use AOL (which I have had to this Summer, living with my aunt), then it is a must have. It takes a little longer to start up, and IMs come up a little slower, but other than that, it's been great*.

*-at least for an AOL product!!!

DXP