Best Transparent Scratch Protector for iPod Touch?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Discuss.

Mainly I want protection for the back, since it's shiny chrome; for now, I'm using saran wrap since I want to play with it, and it'll stay there until I get the protectors. However, that being said, I'll be more than willing to use a front protector as well if it has the same sort of finish as the gorgeous glass display, and won't affecting my viewing pleasure.

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    The best is still just the glass. Everything else is prone to scratching, clouding up and bubbling. I got rid of my thin film covering because it was just too annoying.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    deanshudeanshu Posts: 21member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

The best is still just the glass. Everything else is prone to scratching, clouding up and bubbling. I got rid of my thin film covering because it was just too annoying.

I meant for the back; I know the front is scratch resistant.

The back is shiny aluminum/chrome which would have flecks and scratches if it wasn't protected by something.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    deanshudeanshu Posts: 21member
    As of now, if I'm getting front protection, I'd probably go with Powersupport's Crystal, since it's static cling so I don't have to mess with applicator solution and whatnot, plus it's actually texture free unlike Invisbleshield's "orange peel" texture (whew, what a run on sentence).

Now I'm trying to figure out if that product comes with something for the back side. Can anyone shed some light on it?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    consider Zagg's Invisible shield. I've used it on my iPod touch for close to a year now and it is still pristine!