Powermac 7600/120-good for Audio dubs?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello:

I have a Powermac 7600/120 and I noted that it has RCA in/out- would this be a good candidate for burning some Lp's to CD?

I know it is a fossil and I don't think it has a and internal disc burner( I have a syquest SQ 88 Yamaha that I think was used with it ) I have a iMac but it doesn't have RCA in/out .

Am I chasing a dream here?

Thanks,

Matt

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kmac1036kmac1036 Posts: 281member
    it's do-able, but it's getting software at this point that will run on the classic os. you might also need a preamp to up the audio level to line level. most turn tables only put out phono level, which is higher than mic level, but still lower than line level.

imac can do it too, all you need is a preamp & then use a rca to mini plug adapter cord. walmart sells them for your ipod for about $6. the preamp is a bit more, $30-40 range.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    laubemlaubem Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmac1036 View Post

it's do-able, but it's getting software at this point that will run on the classic os. you might also need a preamp to up the audio level to line level. most turn tables only put out phono level, which is higher than mic level, but still lower than line level.

imac can do it too, all you need is a preamp & then use a rca to mini plug adapter cord. walmart sells them for your ipod for about $6. the preamp is a bit more, $30-40 range.

I don't see how I can input to my Imac as it has no audio input - Just USB in and a built in Microphone