Apple fellow to lead RIM's new user experience team

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Buy what you think are the best (oh, yeah, it oftenly means PQ ratio) parts on the market. Screw them together in your garage. Put stolen Win on top of all that. Feel lordly about that Cray of yours...
  • Reply 22 of 29
    res08haores08hao Posts: 114member
    I thought the clueless empty suits at rim were all about what was best for clueless empty suits.

I guess now they think the general public is important after all.

I continue to be impressed with rim's vision, originality, and execution.

NOT.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

What ever happened to non-compete clauses? Do some people simply negotiate them away?

in a lot of states including california they are illegal or the law limits them to being almost useless
  • Reply 24 of 29
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by res08hao View Post

I thought the clueless empty suits at rim were all about what was best for clueless empty suits.

NOT.

more like they want to defend their turf from Apple going into the corporate market in a few years

iphone is nice and i'll probably get one in june or july to complement my wife's, but blackberry still rules in the corporate environment. and apple is a long way from having the iphone suit ready

it's a lot easier to type out emails on blackberries than on the iphone and requiring itunes and the app store to load apps is a joke if apple wants to capture the corporate market
  • Reply 25 of 29
    echosonicechosonic Posts: 462member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iBill View Post

I predict Blackberry will get the spinning beach ball out of this.

ever noticed how the "spinning" beach ball doesn't actually spin? The colors are fixed. the shading layer spins, creating the illusion.

Useless tidbit for the day.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

Buy what you think are the best (oh, yeah, it oftenly means PQ ratio) parts on the market. Screw them together in your garage. Put stolen Win on top of all that. Feel lordly about that Cray of yours...

Isn't that pretty much how Steve Jobs and Apple started..?
  • Reply 27 of 29
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by res08hao View Post

NOT.

In RIMs deffence, they did state a year or two ago that in the future they want to pay more attention to personal users (while, of course, not ignoring corporate users).

I think that was around introduction of Blackberry Pearl line.

Like them or not, they did mainstream smartphones and still are still No. 1 player in corporate market; as Apple people would say, they cater for that specific segment and their platform is designed to suit those specific needs.

Company I work for does use Blackberries. I'm not thrilled with design and options, but under the corporate (equals not overly exciting) looks system works fast, is reliable and integrates with our Exchange effortlessly.

Heck, my BB gets email 3 seconds faster than Outlook on my office desktop
  • Reply 28 of 29
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I guess you haven't used a Storm, then?

I noticed that if you want a new theme for your Storm it costs $A7.99 otherwise your stuck with the single Vodafone/Verizon theme.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

it's a lot easier to type out emails on blackberries than on the iphone and requiring itunes and the app store to load apps is a joke if apple wants to capture the corporate market

• Reply 29 of 29
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

Isn't that pretty much how Steve Jobs and Apple started..?

They did start somewhat but not exactly like that. It was 30+ years ago. Screwing in garage 30 years ago was not what I mocked at. I made fun of ideology of the software (and not only that), which is made to run on any hardware. Sure, the user has to pay by agreeing on just sufficient perfection...

I posted it here as an allusion to the ongoing process of taking an affordable guy, having worked in the workshop, which was well known to be very good at user experience (oh, no, I don't believe the user experience of desktop systems is the same as user experience of mobile platforms; oh, no, comparing UIs of Cheetah and Leopard I can't see any genius behind the former), putting him in completely strange workshop and lying in wait for immediate breakthroughs.