new macbook discount coupons?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello. I'm getting my first mac next month (May 2009). Actually, I want that 15-inch macbook pro that comes with the 512 MB NVidea video card, 2.6 GHz processor, and the 320 GB, 5400-rpm hard drive. I've been to Apple's website, and checked out how much adding these upgrades (a 7200-rpm, 320 GB hard drive and a 2.9 GHz processor) would cost me extra - it came to $2,850.00, while the original price without these upgrads is 2,500.00. So, because I want these upgrades, I'm looking for ways to get this macbook pro cheaper - by using a discount coupon. I'm going to go to my local Best Buy store to get this mac, so if anyone can find me a coupon for Best Buy that's good in May, please post. Thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    "About the MBP video failure, I had a first Intel gen MacBook Pro 15". After the 14th month, the screen suddenly would only display 16 or 32 colors like an old macintosh. I first thought it was a software problem and went to system (display) preferences, but nothing to do.

At the time, a GPU failure was found, 800 euros to replace the mother board, I bought a new MBP instead...

Some months ago I checked it again to use it as a server and I discovered an external display was working fine, no color problem... so was it really the gpu? I probably won't know what happened!

Sincerely, Emilien"
  • Reply 2 of 4
    k515k515 Posts: 36member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zaithyn View Post

"About the MBP video failure, I had a first Intel gen MacBook Pro 15". After the 14th month, the screen suddenly would only display 16 or 32 colors like an old macintosh. I first thought it was a software problem and went to system (display) preferences, but nothing to do.

At the time, a GPU failure was found, 800 euros to replace the mother board, I bought a new MBP instead...

Some months ago I checked it again to use it as a server and I discovered an external display was working fine, no color problem... so was it really the gpu? I probably won't know what happened!

Sincerely, Emilien"

I don't know if this has anything to do with my question/request. Are you trying to tell me those MBP are inferior? Are you telling me the MBP I'm planning on buying next month will go bad after the 14th month?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    You won't be able to get those upgrades at Best Buy. The only models BB carries are the two "featured" models on the Apple site (without any "upgrades".)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

You won't be able to get those upgrades at Best Buy. The only models BB carries are the two "featured" models on the Apple site (without any "upgrades".)

I think i saw an upgrade option in last week's best buy flyer but that could have just been moving up to the next model of MBP's and calling it an upgrade.