Pictures Help

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I joined here a long time ago, and then forgot about it when I decided not to get an iPhone (I did a few months ago) so first post, be easy on me, hehe.

I finally found out how to create individual albums/folders in the pictures. Read somewhere to create folders in My Pictures, then sync, which I did.

Great, now I have my pics, some I've taken, some from other sources in neat organized folders. Ok, now my question. The pics are still in the "Camera Roll" folder. I now have a new folder with all the pics again called "Photo Library", and I have no idea where that came from.

iTunes has neither Camera Roll or Photo Library listed. What I want to know is, is there any way to remove the duplicates? Or remove them from those folders. I already have them listed in the other folders?

Also, another question. I got the pics on my pc at first when I plugged my iPhone in and a window came up called Scanners or something, can't recall. I then copied all the pics to my pc. I'm sure I'm missing something, but is there a way to remove them? Are they really duplicated on the phone, or what? I'm sure they're synced to my pc somewhere, but I for the life of me can't seem to find where iTunes stores all its stuff. Why not 1 folder where it's all stored. So far I've seen at least 3 or 4 different locations for its files. I'm lost really.

I'm not a noob with computers, but this whole process is just odd to me for some reason. Different folders for different files, duplicates that are synced but the original files aren't in the same folder as the ones I just synced to the phone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Change your settings to manual sync to choose which folders you want/don't want on your phone, you untick the folders you don't want.

As my C: drive is very full I changed the location of a lot of things in iTunes, it was a while ago now it was in the preferences somewhere.

I think I created folders and pointed iTunes towrds them.

I still run into drive full errors when I update a lot of Apps, I have to delete the old ones from the recycle bin as I go.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I did that, but I don't see a Camera Roll or Picture Library folder to be synced.