Confirmed: Its time for the official AI iWalk poll

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I thought it could be fun to take the iWalk temperature of AI so here goes. I think I got all the possibilities we have thought of.

<a href="http://www.misterpoll.com/2810477631.html"; target="_blank">Go here</a>

I am for the spymac tried to fool us (but we showed them) category

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    mithrasmithras Posts: 165member
    Don't forget the

<a href="http://www.misterpoll.com/results.mpl?id=2810477631"; target="_blank">quick-click Results link</a> as well.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    <a href="http://www.misterpoll.com/results.mpl?id=2810477631"; target="_blank">And here are the results of the AI jury</a>

PS: fell free to bumb this once in a while.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders:

<strong>

PS: fell free to bumb this once in a while.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Like now.

It actually surprice me that 3/4 think that it has nothing to with Apple. And only 16% think this is meant for the market. Hmm perhapsthe AI boards are slowly leaving their "well get G5 iMac now @ 1,4 Ghz" reputation for being unrealistic.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    majukimajuki Posts: 114member
    "The world greatest (better than the moon landing) hoax made up by Spymac."

We went to the moon.

ATAT said that the spymac guy does mock up artwork for some German mac magazine:

"We mentioned this last time, but it bears repeating: SpyMac.com is registered to a German gentleman named Holger Ehlis, who also happens to own ehlis-design.de. Back during the first iWalk hoax, the Ehlis Design web site contained a lot of 3D renderings of proposed Mac mock-ups. Those pics were quickly yanked once the proprietor noticed that some people were making the connection and SpyMac's credibility was spiralling down the toilet. Faithful viewer Jens Baumeister confirms that Ehlis is "the graphics person for a German magazine called MacLife" and that he put together these mock-ups last summer."
  • Reply 5 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by Majuki:

[QB

We went to the moon.

[/QB]<hr></blockquote>

I didn´t
  • Reply 6 of 13
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    DIE SPYMAC SCUM!

I'm not sure. I'd like to see an iWalk, but I remain skeptical. I think it might be real, but perhaps not a real Apple product. The wheel,and the german mag tie in stuff. Though it is possible that the inconsistencies of the images are doctoring performed to disguise the identity of the leak (a la quicksilver).

However, if this is not real, then Spymac will have earned a place of honor next to Kormac, as some of the best BULLSHIT SLINGERS in all of Macdom.

• Reply 7 of 13
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I wouldn't suspect Apple if they hadn't planted the "Way Beyond the Rumor Sites" remark. This leak will confirm a leak in Apple's chain of command in addition to priming us for next Monday's show...
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Bumpedipumb
  • Reply 9 of 13
    "The world greatest (better than the moon landing) hoax made up by Spymac."

yeah sure. as if this is a great hoax. you're just feeding this guy's ego
  • Reply 10 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by rocky racoon:

<strong>"The world greatest (better than the moon landing) hoax made up by Spymac."

yeah sure. as if this is a great hoax. you're just feeding this guy's ego </strong><hr></blockquote>

Name me one other false rumor that have been prepared so well? It has very few flaws on the technical side of it but they went all the way with video and lots of pictures. I am so surprised with the quality of this and the work that must have gone into it.

I think it is a hoax. But can´t you admire the technique when a criminal is doing his job with elegance? Again: When have it ever been done better?
  • Reply 11 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders:

<strong>

Name me one other false rumor that have been prepared so well? It has very few flaws on the technical side of it but they went all the way with video and lots of pictures. I am so surprised with the quality of this and the work that must have gone into it.

I think it is a hoax. But can´t you admire the technique when a criminal is doing his job with elegance? Again: When have it ever been done better?</strong><hr></blockquote>

well, it may have never been done better, but a good hoax isn't just made with technical brilliance. this one lacks clearly of credibility. it was obvious that it's just a fake made out of many user's dreams - at least it was obvious to me.

and a good hoax doesn't change mockups after two months remember that bathroom-thingy? that was called iwalk too.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member

<strong>remember that bathroom-thingy?</strong><hr></blockquote>

?? no?

-Paul
  • Reply 13 of 13

<strong>

and a good hoax doesn't change mockups after two months remember that bathroom-thingy? that was called iwalk too. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes but its hard to escape from your reputation Even if he had got a new site to host the new iWalk (or whatever he would have called it) he would not have been able to hide from the collective force of AI. We had found out it was the same person.

If you look at other Apple forums today most of them started out very hyped on the iWalk. The only voices to question it is from people who have been here (and at Macslash). And the only reason it was figured out here so fast was because we were five to ten sceptics sitting just waiting to get the video and pictures and check every pixel and frame in the first couple of hours for evidence. I think we all wanted to believe in the iWalk but had to be absolut sure of it before we could. And its not self-gloating because I contributed with no hard evidence yesterday.(

In short: Yes it was a good fake, yes he made mistakes but they could easily have been overlooked by everyones PDA rush.

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Anders ]</p>