10.2 SMALL WARNING

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
No one has mentioned this but it takes 1-2 hours for the installation to upgrade from 10.1.5 and that's on a 700mhx G4 iMac!

Most un-Apple like

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    An even tho I had 1gb free to install I had to get rid of all the language and printer stuff to get it to go. Now after the 10.2 install ( retail ) I still have 1gb free...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    That's if you do a full install. I turned off Localized files and print drivers I did not need. Total install time took well under an hour. But it still used both disks.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Well my copy *just* arrived (I live in the UK) and I can't wait to get started. Any advice apart from making sure there is enough space free? :cool:
  • Reply 4 of 7
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Is it still necessary to put Mail and the Utilities folder and all the rest in their Apple-approved places, to make these they get updated correctly?

Apple's installer has been so poor about this in the past, I probably will anyway, just out of trepidation.

But I'm curious if it still has to be done.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Poor me, I still haven't ordered mine..
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Takes me 45min my G4...i've done it 3x and the first time was 45-1hr, then the 2nd and 3rd was 30min.

733MHz

256MB RAM

40GB HD

-35GB Partition (Files and backup OS)

-5 GB Partition (Running OS)
  • Reply 7 of 7
    vikingviking Posts: 127member
    I just got my copy of 10.2 this morning. Took about one hour to install on a Ti 667DVI powerbook.

I was hoping to see smoother window scaling with this version. It still is a little "jagged" compared to OS 9.

Still playing around with it so I'll check back later.