iPhone 'secret' color

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I know everyone will hate this idea- but I actually liked Microsofts special pink edition of the zune- well not the zune itself, but the idea of making some special ones pink. I wish Apple would use the idea, maybe make a special edition color. Perhaps yellow? I think a yellow iPhone would look sick (and no other consumer electronics items are yellow so it would stand out, think white as the ipod).

I'm just not down with the Black look so much, I thirst for other iPhone colors.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yeah colors would make the phone sell a lot better. And it will take Apple years to realize this just like it did with the iPod nano. Oh well.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

Yeah colors would make the phone sell a lot better. And it will take Apple years to realize this just like it did with the iPod nano. Oh well.

its all marketing. sell out the 'regular' version, then make them buy another because of the cool color. increase your sales 1/3 with some people buying 2.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    I just can't see yellow looking good. It reminds me of things like this:

• Reply 4 of 8
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amorya View Post

oooh, wish my iphone had FM and AM!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

oooh, wish my iphone had FM and AM!

Me too! And record it!

Colors would be nice. They should have colored iMacs, MacBooks, all version of iPod and the iPhone. Color MADE the iMac literally and SAVED Apple! I'm sure the cost of the paint or alu would be made up by the increased sales or I'd have to imagine it'd be close. I'll take blue thank you! The new anodized iPod nano colors are VERY nice, let's bring on even more color! Heck they should bring the backwards rainbow logo back, maybe jazz it up a bit. Although Sandau you make a good point. But I bet, again, the increase in first-time buyers will more than make up for it.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

(photo snipped)

I don't know why though. Apple offers nanos in nine colors and no one has objected to any of them that I remember.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

I just can't see yellow looking good. It reminds me of things like this

I loved that yellow walkman, used to have one. BTW - that person has to be a 5 year old or something, the unit wasn't as big as it looks in that photo.

EDIT - I think that wasn't a real sony product, but rather a "retropod":

http://www.retropod.com/

The original was just a bit bigger than a cassette tape:

• Reply 8 of 8
    manolamanola Posts: 3member
    I think a yellow iPhone would look sick (and no other consumer electronics items are yellow so it would stand out, think white as the ipod).

sonnerie gratuite