Photos reveal spacious interior of second Paris Apple store

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
(ifoAppleStore) While Apple's first planned retail out in Paris was recently revealed as a window-less underground cavern, a second location under construction near the city’s Opera House is shaping up to be amongst the company's most impressive shops yet.

The location at 12, Rue Halévy comprises a light-filled, soaring interior space tucked behind arched windows, all facing onto an unusually large intersection that provides a view of the façade from many angles.

A large posting on the exterior of the building notes that a building permit was issued February 23rd for the reconstruction of a “hotel and shop,” the latter space of which is confirmed to have been leased by Apple. The project stretches some 81,300 square-feet on a 13,200 square-foot lot, according to the permit.

A*panoramic photo of the interior of the future Apple shop is available, showing the use of protective materials on the walls and columns during the ongoing construction process. You can also check out the intersection outside the store using Google Streetview.

The Apple store will occupy the right two-thirds of the 112-foot building’s ground level, or address #12 -- a space defined by the five left-most arches in the first photo, below. For photos of the cavernous space under construction as the site of Paris' first Apple store, please see this earlier report.

Gary Allen is the creator and author of ifo Apple Store, which provides close watch of Apple's retail initiative. When Gary isn't busy publishing news and information on Apple's latest retail stores, he finds himself hanging out at one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 42
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    but would we expect anything less from the French?

Will they also offer cafe and croissant along with that MacBook?
  • Reply 2 of 42
    ivladivlad Posts: 742member
    Im glad Apple is preserving the top of the columns and outside of the building.
  • Reply 3 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iVlad View Post

Im glad Apple is preserving the top of the columns and outside of the building.

I'm sure it's the French dictating any design changes on the exterior. That building looks historic.
  • Reply 4 of 42
    madplemadple Posts: 4member
    This space looks very impressive. Is there any more information on an Apple store at the Rideau Centre in Ottawa? There seems to be one space, all covered in black boarding, on the second level that might be it. Any ideas on an opening date? I am dying to go in a buy something, and use the Genious bar once it is open.
  • Reply 5 of 42
    istinkistink Posts: 250member
    They sell us overpriced bottled water, we sell them overpriced computers

(that was a joke. do not get upset.)
  • Reply 6 of 42
    8corewhore8corewhore Posts: 833member
    Wow... that's going to be sweet! BTW... their bottled water was actually very inexpensive over there... the importers here jack it up.
  • Reply 7 of 42
    Gary posted that so like 5 days ago
  • Reply 8 of 42
    bwikbwik Posts: 565member
    Microsoft has enough money to do things like this, but they don't, do they.
  • Reply 9 of 42
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bwik View Post

Of course they have the money, but why would they? A store only for Zunes, Xboxes and their software doesn't seem like a viable retail operation to me.
  • Reply 10 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Of course they have the money, but why would they? A store only for Zunes, Xboxes and their software doesn't seem like a viable retail operation to me.

Once again you are so wrong. They are a software maker by large - not an electronics maker. The only other comparitive is SOny Style and Samsung stores. Even then Apple is in a league of its own.
  • Reply 11 of 42
    randythotrandythot Posts: 109member
    Wish that store were in my neighborhood!

Too bad the U.S. will be seen slower store introductions.
  • Reply 12 of 42
    nasdarqnasdarq Posts: 137member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

That building looks historic.

it's a rather typical Parisian (Hausmannian) building, in fact.
  • Reply 13 of 42
    ajmasajmas Posts: 601member
    Quote:

I am not sure what sort of lifestyle message would present in such a store? It makes more sense for companies such as Sony to do something equivalent. I think in many ways Microsoft needs to work on its image before it can have a chance with a branded store.
  • Reply 14 of 42
    djames42djames42 Posts: 298member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The location at 12, Rue Halévy comprises a light-filled, soaring interior space tucked behind arched windows, all facing onto an unusually large intersection that provides a view of the façade from many angles.

Makes sense really. Anyone who's done any shopping in Paris has undoubtedly noticed the vast amount of open, unused space in the shops. It's a very nice contrast to the "cram sellable items into every square foot" here in the states.
  • Reply 15 of 42
    nasdarqnasdarq Posts: 137member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajmas View Post

I am not sure what sort of lifestyle message would present in such a store? It makes more sense for companies such as Sony to do something equivalent. I think in many ways Microsoft needs to work on its image before it can have a chance with a branded store.

Exactly, Sony or Nokia are much better examples of candidates for similar brand stores.

By the way, Nokia already have one such store in London, just opposite the Apple Store on Regent ) Any Nokia stores in the U.S.?
  • Reply 16 of 42
    dgnr8dgnr8 Posts: 196member
    They could do it if it was done right.

They could bring in vendors like Dell's Alien Ware and other high end MFG and put them in the best possible light and not 10 million configurations just the most popular with dedicated people to help like Apple has.

Near the back of the store they could put the bargain basement PC's.

I think if they were to do Adobe and the like type class sessions they would give a nice step in the right direction.

Then they could offer demo's into prototypes and future products.

They could have XBox Game Gallery were you can test games before you buy them.

There is so much they could do If they would just really think it thru.

I am not a Windows guy but I could design a store that could be a success or a least get them in the right direction.

Apple has nailed the business model down to where it can work if you just follow the example.

It is on how you present what your are offering.

I mean have you ever really stopped and looked an Apple store?

There is not really that much there but how it presented is incredible and thats what makes it a success.

Just my little opinion...
  • Reply 17 of 42
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:

I'm sure it's the French dictating any design changes on the exterior. That building looks historic.

That French building interior kinda looks like the interior of Steve's house he wants demo'ed.

Maybe Steve should just sell his home to Apple and have it rebuilt into an Apple Store and call it the Paris Apple Store on the West Coast of America!

That Paris store looks like it will be a pretty nice place. Too bad I'll never get to see it.

It's just as well tho', according to Obummer, all I could say is "Merci Beaucoup"!
  • Reply 18 of 42
    citycity Posts: 522member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nasdarq View Post

Exactly, Sony or Nokia are much better examples of candidates for similar brand stores.

By the way, Nokia already have one such store in London, just opposite the Apple Store on Regent ) Any Nokia stores in the U.S.?

Nokia has some smallish U.S. cell phone stores big cities like New York..
  • Reply 19 of 42
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Once again you are so wrong. They are a software maker by large - not an electronics maker. The only other comparitive is SOny Style and Samsung stores. Even then Apple is in a league of its own.

I don't expect someone who doesn't know what a continent is to have adequate reading comprehension, but perhaps you should re-read my post where you say I'm "wrong" but then agree with me that MS stores wouldn't work.
  • Reply 20 of 42
    macnycmacnyc Posts: 342member
    Quote:

I don't expect someone who doesn't know what a continent is to have adequate reading comprehension, but perhaps you should re-read my post where you say I'm "wrong" but then agree with me that MS stores wouldn't work.

Don Quixote! The windmills!