We're Moving!!!

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Hello All,

So Excited , We're moving to the Gatineau area from Bonaventure Quebec(Gaspésie), after some thought and debate. We have only visited the area a few times, we chose the area due to it's abundant number of parks, it's proximity to Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and surounding areas. If you know that area, what kind of activities are available in the region. Anyone have any leads on apartments for rent available the 1st of May. Also, do you know anyone who is hiring?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    nice! I used to cycle there all the time, it is really a beautiful area. Why not live in Ottawa instead, though? Those bridges are a big hassle (I hear) in the morning if you work in Ottawa. I lived all over Ottawa, my favorite places were in the neighborhood east of Preston and Somerset (Chinatown), and Sandy Hill on the west side of the river - but I also lived in Vanier, Lincoln Fields, Baseline&Merivale, and Tunny's Pasture.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Good News,

We got approved for an apartment, I got a job offer and we really like the area.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iChrissy View Post

Hello All,

So Excited , We're moving to the Gatineau area from Bonaventure Quebec(Gaspésie), after some thought and debate. We have only visited the area a few times, we chose the area due to it's abundant number of parks, it's proximity to Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and surounding areas. If you know that area, what kind of activities are available in the region. Anyone have any leads on apartments for rent available the 1st of May. Also, do you know anyone who is hiring?

Nobody is hiring, die.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    I love posts like this, happy and full of charm. Good luck on the move it sounds like a wonderful place to live.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

Nobody is hiring, die.

wow - bitter much?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I love posts like this, happy and full of charm. Good luck on the move it sounds like a wonderful place to live.

It just sounds that way.