AT&T releases free iPhone app for managing wireless accounts

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktappe View Post

I don't have unlimited texting. I bought the "200 texts for $5" monthly plan. I'll never exceed my phone minutes or data, so texting is the only way I can go over. I just used the app to see I went 29 texts over last month and am already 3/4 of the way toward my 200 limit this month. It became useful in the first 2 minutes I had it.

I just realized my wife used up ALL of the rollover minutes last month!

It became useful in the first 2 minutes I had it as well.
  • Reply 42 of 57
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    I get billed on the 6th of the month, but the payment is not due until the 27th. But the ATT app won't let me choose the date on which to pay!?

I am (or ATT is) probably missing something basic.... or they are trying to live off the float.....
  • Reply 43 of 57
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Actually, a pretty great and practical app. ALL wireless providers should do this.

I concur.
  • Reply 44 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I get billed on the 6th of the month, but the payment is not due until the 27th. But the ATT app won't let me choose the date on which to pay!?

I am (or ATT is) probably missing something basic.... or they are trying to live off the float.....

Set a reminder in the iPhone Calendar to "pay your wireless bill" on the 26th and set it to repeat every month.

On the 26th when the alarm goes off, switch to at&t and click pay.
  • Reply 45 of 57
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

Set a reminder in the iPhone Calendar to "pay your wireless bill" on the 26th and set it to repeat every month.

Or set up auto-billing.
  • Reply 46 of 57
    Quote:

Yeah sure, but it's a clunky approach. I would have thought it was fairly easy to build in to the app, considering it is a basic functionality (and considering that the web version has it).

Since there are 20 days between billing and payment, chances are high that I'll have a couple of minutes sometime during that time span to be on the web and set up to pay on that date (via the web). And that's what I will continue to do.

While it looks cute, I don't see myself using this app a lot in its current form.
  • Reply 47 of 57
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Actually AT&T has several apps in the app store. They've had a yellow pages app from when the store originally launched.

I'm glad they've added one to deal with minutes and billing though, I actually wrote in a few months ago asking for such an app.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigpics View Post

Whoa, somebody at AT&T realized you can write "apps" for this gadget!

• Reply 48 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Or set up auto-billing.

I am afraid I don't follow. Are you saying there is a way to get my bill on the 27th of every month, and no earlier?
  • Reply 49 of 57
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

I am afraid I don't follow. Are you saying there is a way to get my bill on the 27th of every month, and no earlier?

I meant auto-pay, so you don't have to manually go to AT&T's site/store/app to ay your bill.
  • Reply 50 of 57
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    He's not actually interested in the truth.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Psych_guy View Post

Speaking as someone who works in the industry, your complaining and whining here should be directed to the wonderful city leaders and local advocates who routinely torpedo any applications the carriers make for new towers in their cities and counties.

You can complain about AT&T all you like. New towers are not that easy to site. Just ask your local city council person.

• Reply 51 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I meant auto-pay, so you don't have to manually go to AT&T's site/store/app to ay your bill.

I happen to be one of of those old-fashioned types that believes auto-pay is never a good idea with any company. I'd rather spend a couple of minutes skimming a bill prior to payment (making sure all looks OK), than deal with potential nasty surprises and time wasted with customer service (with both the merchant and the credit card company) after-the-fact!
  • Reply 52 of 57
    zhe wizzhe wiz Posts: 4member
    Quote:

I happen to be one of of those old-fashioned types that believes auto-pay is never a good idea with any company. I'd rather spend a couple of minutes skimming a bill prior to payment (making sure all looks OK), than deal with potential nasty surprises and time wasted with customer service (with both the merchant and the credit card company) after-the-fact!

Just because you auto pay doesn't mean you don't have to check the bill! I have auto pay, but I also look over the bill every month. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Jack
  • Reply 53 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zhe Wiz View Post

Just because you auto pay doesn't mean you don't have to check the bill! I have auto pay, but I also look over the bill every month. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Jack

Sure. But then, I can just as easily schedule my 'pay-by' date when I look over the bill. Takes all of 30 extra seconds to do.

I really don't see what the major extra efficiencies are.
  • Reply 54 of 57
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member

Ummmmm.......who has a 7 dollar phone bill and how do I get it?
  • Reply 55 of 57
    joe in miamijoe in miami Posts: 158member
    You need a CPA to decifer the bills. I have combined billing. The cutoff dates for residential and wireless are not sychronized and Customer Service does not see the same info that I'm seeing. On my latest bill, April to May, they included service for Feb-Mar. The bill they email me doesn't resemble the one in the mail.

Bottom line...Its a clusterfuck
  • Reply 56 of 57
    trajectorytrajectory Posts: 647member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joe in miami View Post

You need a CPA to decifer the bills. I have combined billing. The cutoff dates for residential and wireless are not sychronized and Customer Service does not see the same info that I'm seeing. On my latest bill, April to May, they included service for Feb-Mar. The bill they email me doesn't resemble the one in the mail.

Bottom line...Its a clusterfuck

I think the phone companies do this on purpose. They make their invoices overly complicated to confuse customers, hoping they won't look at the bill and find all those little "extras" that sneak into most every bill. A few extra quarters here and there multiplied by millions adds up!
  • Reply 57 of 57
    jglavinjglavin Posts: 93member
    Quote:

The Usage chart would be a lot more useful if you also see where in your billing cycle you are.

"Used 500 of 550" is fine on the last day of your billing cycle.

"Used 500 of 550" is NOT GOOD on the first day of your billing cycle.

They should put it in context by having a billing cycle chart directly below.
    Anytime Minutes

????????????????????????? .....

Used 458 of 550

Billing Cycle

????????????????????..........

Day 20 of 30
    Now you can intuitively see that you are using too many minutes.

If you scroll to the bottom of the usage page it shows the date of your next billing cycle.