Briefly: Hazmat scare at Apple; Mac OS X 10.5.7; iPhone 3.0 beta 5

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    italiankiditaliankid Posts: 279member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eluard View Post

Not everyone is reckless enough to jump to a new OS update at the point zero release. So leopard will still have plenty of users when the lovers of the bleeding edge are running SL through its initial fraught months. And that is how it should be: stable mature releases for the risk averse and unstable, incomplete releases for those who can afford the time.

Friday has come and gone and another rumor bites the dust. Looks like it will be next Monday or Tuesday before we have .7. I have never looked forward to a point release as much as this one. There are some serious networking issues in 10.5.6 that I will be happy to see fixed.

I agree with you... A lot of people are waiting for 10.5.7 and it seems forever to come lol

I know its ready but Apple rarely releases an update on Friday for the OS... I'd say Monday too!
  • Reply 42 of 45
    italiankiditaliankid Posts: 279member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post

You're about as sharp as a marble, eh? Maybe you should just practise bouncing this ball for awhile and see how that goes.

Get me a ball and I will.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    kaiwaikaiwai Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Yes, people often seem to not well realize how deep are such changes. S. Jobs' anouncement that SL would be ready in about one year (i.e. this summer) makes you wonder if he is one of them or not.

On the other hand, I read that Windows 7 will be probably ready by this autumn, although this does not seem to be official. Apparently MS is hard trying to steal Apple's thunder but I am not sure if Apple really cares at this point. Personally I would prefer a properly working OS than a thunderous one that will wipe my hard drive while passing by.

But the hard truth is this. Unitl now, Apple offered no demo of the new OS. Anyone would guess is that this is going to happen during the upcoming WWDC. For me this translates to probably no release before the end of the year.

Well, Steve did sound 'about a year' - so I'd love someone to show me where he said, "it will be ready in exactly a year".

Are there people here who don't know what 'about' actually means?
  • Reply 44 of 45
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kaiwai View Post

Well, Steve did sound 'about a year' - so I'd love someone to show me where he said, "it will be ready in exactly a year".

Are there people here who don't know what 'about' actually means?

I don't see what you do mean. I too said "about" and for me this means for that case, anything between June and August, at most September. But if what is whispered here is to be believed, then a delay would not come as a surprise. I would not even be surprised to see SL released at the beginning of the next year. I suppose though that a release date will be announced during WWDC.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    kaiwaikaiwai Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

I don't see what you do mean. I too said "about" and for me this means for that case, anything between June and August, at most September. But if what is whispered here is to be believed, then a delay would not come as a surprise. I would not even be surprised to see SL released at the beginning of the next year. I suppose though that a release date will be announced during WWDC.

Sorry, my reply was not meant to 'rebut' what you said but actually build upon it.

Personally they can take until December/January if they want. I'd sooner them get a quality product out the door rather than simply pushing to make some sort of date.