Comments

• Reply 21 of 145
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    edit: Pipped by PG4G.
  • Reply 22 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluedalmatian View Post

Anyone else experience a bug in 10.5.6 whereby if you click the down scroll arrow it 'runs away' and scrolls uncontrollably all the way to the bottom?

Doesnt seem to be tied to any particular app

No, but I hope that the over-sensitive trackpad on unibody MB/MBPs is fixed. Most noticeable in Safari 4 when it zooms the page in and out excessively.
  • Reply 23 of 145
    tmallontmallon Posts: 39member
    Mine is done no problems yet, 2.16 macbook and it was the 286 meg... i was running 10.5.6
  • Reply 24 of 145
    pg4gpg4g Posts: 383member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

edit: Pipped by PG4G.

Its happening more and more isn't it mate
  • Reply 25 of 145
    ltmpltmp Posts: 204member
    Hmmm, 286 MB update was saying it would take 4 hours to download (that would normally take about 5 minutes for me)!

Then I got a Mac OS X Update Error. It said the the certificate had changed and that the file may have been tampered with.
  • Reply 26 of 145
    tcmtcm Posts: 3member
    It's quicker to download the combo update than go via software update at the moment. As long as you don't mind dling an extra 300MB you might not need...

I'm getting the combo at 1.1MB/s with 9 min remaining as opposed to 4hrs via software update
  • Reply 27 of 145
    tcmtcm Posts: 3member
    Quote:

There was never any issue with running safari 4 on the beta, it was just installing that was the problem.

this is true, but they have updated the safari 4 installer to allow it to work with 10.5.7...
  • Reply 28 of 145
    d-rodd-rod Posts: 2member
    Me too. Downloaded the 700+ MB combo at about 2.6mbps whereas the software update was about 280mb but was going to take 10 hours.
  • Reply 29 of 145
    le studiosle studios Posts: 199member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LE Studios View Post

I'm downloading now! Damn this is huge and slow! I let you know if compatible with Safari 4 Beta!

Yeah Its fine. I had to switch to 802.11n ONLY setting I got a Netgear Print Server I' was using is causing interference until Apple release the 2TB Time Capsules I need two of them. Update is fine I got a 2009 Mac mini Intel Core Duo 2 , 2GHz with 4GB DDR3 and 320GB HD. Its fine that I can tell.
  • Reply 29 of 145
    robogoborobogobo Posts: 378member
    Boooooring.
  • Reply 31 of 145
    ltmpltmp Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tcm View Post

It's quicker to download the combo update than go via software update at the moment. As long as you don't mind dling an extra 300MB you might not need...

I'm getting the combo at 1.1MB/s with 9 min remaining as opposed to 4hrs via software update

I tried again with updater and its working normally now at about 1.1MB/s.
  • Reply 32 of 145
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,462member
    working fine so far.
  • Reply 33 of 145
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

I'm going to wait on this one.

Let the guinea pigs come forth!

Swine flu and all!
  • Reply 34 of 145
    For those complaining of excruciatingly-slow downloads through software update, you're RIGHT!

Even though the delta downloader is twice the size from Apple's downloads site, it's going enough faster to be a better bet. 14 minutes quoted time for me as opposed to 3 hours for the half-as-big SU version..
  • Reply 35 of 145
    physicsphysics Posts: 24member
    I'm not able to download the update, as I get an error message about 2MB into the DL about a corrupted digital signature and the fact that it can't be saved. I have 10.5.6 that has been running fine with no problems so far. I was also getting a reported 4-7 hours DL time after having gone through software update. Should I contact Apple customer support on this issue?
  • Reply 36 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by robogobo View Post

Boooooring.

Then why are you pooooosting.
  • Reply 37 of 145
    minderbinderminderbinder Posts: 1,703member
    About time on the converter widget, probably the buggiest thing I've ever seen apple release. Just bizarre results like 1 euro equals .134 euros. How could they let it out the door with such wacky behavior?
  • Reply 38 of 145
    mark2005mark2005 Posts: 1,158member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluedalmatian View Post

Anyone else experience a bug in 10.5.6 whereby if you click the down scroll arrow it 'runs away' and scrolls uncontrollably all the way to the bottom?

Doesnt seem to be tied to any particular app

I've experienced that exact thing in Safari 4 beta, running on a PC using Windows XP. And it can scroll uncontrollably down or up. But it only happens sometimes, and only on some pages.

But it has never happened on my MBP, in any app.
  • Reply 39 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

About time on the converter widget, probably the buggiest thing I've ever seen apple release. Just bizarre results like 1 euro equals .134 euros. How could they let it out the door with such wacky behavior?

Remember when Leopard came out and it didn't have the British Pound Sterling in the list?
  • Reply 40 of 145
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    So they didn't fix the Mail sound issue? I suppose my experience in the coming days will tell me that...