No illuminated keyboard on the $1,299 MacBook!!!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Shame on Apple

You must pay $1,599 to get the illuminated keyboard...

http://www.apple.com/macbook/features.html

Quote:

Even the keyboard is advanced.

The MacBook keyboard is solid, responsive, and comfortable. Just put your fingers on the crisp keys and you?ll feel pure typing bliss. An illuminated keyboard, a popular feature of MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, now comes standard on the 2.4GHz MacBook model. So when you?re in low-light settings such as airports or lecture halls, you can always see what you?re typing. It?s a luminous feature for anyone on the go.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Your sense of self entitlement is clear from the 3 exclamation points you used in this thread's title.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    jpcjpc Posts: 1member
    This is most likely old now -

'http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB467LL/A?mco=MjE0NDk5Mw

Macbook Refurb with same 1yr warranty as a new one at 1,299.00

2.4ghz illuminated keyboard.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Toyota charges extra for leather seats! Shame on them!
  • Reply 4 of 12
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Toyota charges extra for leather seats! Shame on them!

And on some cars, a radio!
  • Reply 5 of 12
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chilli View Post

Shame on Apple

You must pay $1,599 to get the illuminated keyboard...

http://www.apple.com/macbook/features.html

I can see it now. Some flunky with a camera in her face will be challenged to go find a notebook computer with a back-lit keyboard for under $1300. She'll make the obligatory stop at the Apple Store and walk out empty-handed. Oh well....

It's incredible to think that you actually get more when you pay an extra $300. Wow, what a concept.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Would be nice to have as an option.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Illuminated keyboard is truly a frill: some people (at least me) find it distracting. It also wastes battery.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Not me man, I went from a mpb to a mb (I wanted something smaller) and I didn't think I'd miss the backlit keyboard, in retrospect I really wish I had spent the few extra bones on it. In the dark it's an insanely huge help because I often have the backlight down to next to nothing.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

In the dark it's an insanely huge help because I often have the backlight down to next to nothing.

Same here. I tried my wife's MBP in the dark and WOW , my poor black MB looks, hm, black in comparison. The illuminated keyboard is a very significant feature for everyone working in dim light conditions.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I find it very useful when on a plane (no need for the overhead light).
  • Reply 11 of 12
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Your sense of self entitlement is clear from the 3 exclamation points you used in this thread's title.

You know, I was going to post my own reply, but I don't think I can say it any better than you have already!
  • Reply 12 of 12
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

I find it very useful when on a plane (no need for the overhead light).

I travel a lot, and it is never a problem. Then again, consider the fact that I type dvorak on a qwerty board, which means that the printing on the key might as well not be there in the first place.