Microsoft ups cash limit, takes aim at MacBook Pros in new ad

1202122232426»

Comments

• Reply 501 of 505
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

LOL!!!

I never ordered an HD-DVD. Obviously it is not me. Bluray will lose the war versus encoded movie, period.

...and he walked into the sunset, mumbling quietly "Dreams are my reality" by Richard Sanderson
  • Reply 502 of 505
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by satch View Post

I am assuming these commercials are the work of Crispin Porter + Bogusky, M$ new agency of past 2 years.

If you recall, Exec. Creative Director/Guru, Alex Bogusky was on the cover of Fast Inc. (I think) magazine a year ago talking about how w was going to brand Windows after they won account ($300MM+).

Alex mentioned in that article that no other company would e caught dead "NOT responding" to the "attack" ads from Apple's Mac vs PC commercials. So I imagine these are CP+Bs ads tho I do not work there now...but could ask some friends who still do. The interviewer mentioned in the start of the article how Alex had a newly released Macbook Air on his desk and an iphone and maybe even another APple devise (ipod?) and asked about that irony.

My point: I worked at CP+B in Miami. There were about 500 employees at that time in the office in Coconut Grove. Ask me how many Macs were there...go on....OK, guessing about 450+. Only the Travel Dept and Accounting used PCs. EVERYTHING else was Apple and employees were given either Apple iBooks or MacPros depending on their position. This included Content Mgrs. (aka Account Mgrs.), Production. Quality Control (QC aka Preflight), Broadcast, Cognitive something (Cogs/Human behavioral shit) etc.

WORD!

I ove an agency branding winodws that soley reles on Apple! Take the $$ and run Mr. Bogusky!!!!

That is because for most people computer is a tool, not a religion... and MS selected ad agency based on their portfolio, not on their tools.

When you think of it, it is very simple.
  • Reply 503 of 505
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

That is because for most people computer is a tool, not a religion... and MS selected ad agency based on their portfolio, not on their tools.

When you think of it, it is very simple.

NO.... Advertising is about Truth. Computers are our new Religion. Steve Jobs is GOD. Microsoft is the Devil.

When you think of it, it *is* very simple.
  • Reply 504 of 505
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

NO.... Advertising is about Truth. Computers are our new Religion. Steve Jobs is GOD. Microsoft is the Devil.

When you think of it, it *is* very simple.

Actually, Gates should be the Devil, and Microsoft is the 9th circle of Hell. Or should that be Redmond..?
  • Reply 505 of 505
    trajectorytrajectory Posts: 647member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by satch View Post

I am assuming these commercials are the work of Crispin Porter + Bogusky, M$ new agency of past 2 years.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=97895