Need advice-- going to buy new MacBook pro

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm finally going to make the switch from pc

But I wondering if now is the right time to buy a new MacBook Pro? as MacWorld is just around the corner.....

Also I still need the ability to run my windows apps- I assume 4gb of ram would be a must? I usually have quite a few programs running at the same time-- itunes,web browsers,photoshop,remote desktop, email....... ect...

Just wondering if there are new MacBook pros in the works?

or would it be safe to just wait till MW is over- to see if anything new is on the horizon?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jasper24 View Post

I'm finally going to make the switch from pc

But I wondering if now is the right time to buy a new MacBook Pro? as MacWorld is just around the corner.....

Also I still need the ability to run my windows apps- I assume 4gb of ram would be a must? I usually have quite a few programs running at the same time-- itunes,web browsers,photoshop,remote desktop, email....... ect...

Just wondering if there are new MacBook pros in the works?

or would it be safe to just wait till MW is over- to see if anything new is on the horizon?

thanks in advance

I'm in roughly the same position as you. I'd like to buy a 15" MBP, but I'm worried about the RAM limits. I think 4GB RAM should be just fine for a laptop for the next 1-2 years, but beyond that, I'm betting 8GB will be needed.

I don't see quad core MBPs coming out anytime before October 2009, but perhaps a minor speed bump and/or price drop is possible from what I've read online.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    k515k515 Posts: 36member
    I'm going to buy a new 15-inch MBP, also. I was going to buy it this month, but someone on MysteryManor.net (a site that caters to people who play adventure games) advised me to wait (he/she is a Mac user also) until after the expo (macworld expo?) that's going to be from June 8 - 12, 2009. So I'm going to wait until after June 12th. If they announce 15" MBP's with a faster processor, 512MB Nvidea graphic cards, and 7200 rpm hard drives @ 320 GB capacity (all the stuff I want in my MBP) or even better hardware and drop the price on it at the same time, I'd take it. I'm planning on running Windows on my MBP, also.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

-> macbook pro is "mid product cycle"