Apple now selling iPhones online in bid to clear inventory

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris Cuilla View Post

Since June 21st became the summer solstice.

win.

So the earliest release is likely june 22-july 10....

......just like the last two years in a row! What a shocker.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Thanks for reminding me- I'm being tempted for a new 3.0.

I will wait and see how the reviews are for everything reglated to the phone call itself- clarity, dropped calls ,etc.

It is there where it always comes up below average in reviews here in NYC.

i live in NYC and my wife never complains about her iphone. i have a BB from sprint from work and the coverage is horrible. Verizon is OK. my wife has had verizon phones since 2000 and it always depended on the phone. one phone was OK, next phone had horrible coverage and the final one she had before she went iphone received a good signal almost everywhere
  • Reply 23 of 28
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

i think connivance sums it up. freudian slip?

HAH! Brilliant. ... Here in Malaysia, the exclusive telco for the iPhone3G, "Maxis", started out with fairly high data/contract plans, then now is offering buying the handset alone for tourists, soon they will offer prepaid options, which all essentially means... Maxis moving towards selling the handset just by itself. In Malaysia the iPhone3G, like Singapore, is fully factory unlocked.

It's all fun and games having contracts, lock-ins, high prices, until the time when you look and your inventory, and go, "OH, F*K that's a lot of crap sitting around, with more on the way from the factories..."

For reference, handset-only recommended retail prices in Malaysia are

~USD $700 for 8GB

~USD $800 for 16GB

[Local warranties only]

I can't comment on the details of how to obtain these, as the guidelines on how iPhone3G is being sold by Maxis seems to change on an almost daily basis and depending on whether you get it at a retail outlet or a "roadshow", or through an Apple reseller...
  • Reply 24 of 28
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Instead of the vacationing kids saying, "Are we there yet?", "Are we there yet?", "Are we there yet?"... They will be saying, "Is it June yet?", "Is it June yet?", "Is it June yet?"...

Is it Snow Leopard yet?

Is it new iPhone 3G yet?

Is the xMac out yet?

Is GPGPU consumer apps for my 9400M out yet?

Are better GPU options for Mac Pro out yet?

Is there price drops on Macs yet?

Is Steve back yet?

and...

I spilt my ice cream in the backseat.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Until I can buy a new iPhone from Apple that's unlocked so I can pick my own provider you won't see me buying a new phone. At&T's price gouging is unacceptable to me & should be to anyone who values getting a good cellular plan that's in line with other companies. T-Mobile currently offers a $135 rebate for those that need to port over another number, a college student discount, free activation, plus unlimited minutes, 200 text & unlimited Internet (edge only) for less than $50.00 -- Yes this figure is correct because that's what I pay & my iPhone performs great -- Oh, I forgot to add that I bought a 3G that's in perfect condition & still under warranty for $250.00, not the $400 or $500 figure that some will use in an attempt to justify their $100 per month plan & the 45 cents per minute overage charges they face every month..
  • Reply 26 of 28
    I can't wait until the iPhone is available from other service providers. I don't even like the concept of unlocking my phone for a cheaper service.

As for the bid to clear inventory, I wonder if Amazon will have any specials on these.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by simpleleap View Post

I can't wait until the iPhone is available from other service providers. I don't even like the concept of unlocking my phone for a cheaper service.

As for the bid to clear inventory, I wonder if Amazon will have any specials on these.

+1

Whoever signs any deal with AT&T is really stupid.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

+1

Whoever signs any deal with AT&T is really stupid.

Please elaborate.

Millions have been more than satisfied with AT&T, including myself. Pretty sure Apple is making a pretty big dent in the cell phone market as well. I bought the original iPhone when it came out and I then bought the 3G the day it came out because I am happy with the service. I have had ZERO problems with AT&T.