Dual 933 Apollo DDR 266

iBook

@ 700 MHZ G3 100mhz bus

TiBook

probably must go to

733 Apollo G4 133bus

800/867 Apollo 133bus

There must be lots of other Announcements to make up for all the HYPE

But if thats the MWSF mac specs, who would give a shit?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    Not bad specs except for the iMac. I want an new iApp.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>Not bad specs except for the iMac. I want an new iApp.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The iMac needs a G4.

The PB will only go that high if the iBook gets pushed.

Also, since MM didn't say 1GHz would be the top, the PMs could have dual 1GHz machines with 1.13GHz in the middle.

-Paul
  • Reply 3 of 19
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I other words it's looking like a total pig fvck.

If reports are to be believed iMacs will still be seriously over priced. Powermacs will still be seriously under spec'd (come on, 1Ghz G4 max???). The iBook gets a minor bump (and continues to represent the only decent value in Apple's line-up) and the powerBook gets nothing -- no rumors have yet mentioned faster G4's for the Ti.

Yeah, that's beyond the rumor sites alright, beyond what they were talking about 2 years ago, maybe.

I hope Apple can back up the hype. On the plus side, after the keynote may be a good time to buy some Apple stock, after it tanks.

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Matsu ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 19
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]

<strong>

The iMac needs a G4.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

The iBook needs a G4. I'd replace my Pismo in a femtosecond if this happened.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by MarcUK:

<strong>iMacs

750MHZ G3 CRT 100MHZ BUS

1GHZ G3 LCD 100MHZ

Powermacs

Probably

867MHZ Apollo DDR266

1GHZ Apollo DDR266

Dual 933 Apollo DDR 266

iBook

@ 700 MHZ G3 100mhz bus

TiBook

probably must go to

733 Apollo G4 133bus

800/867 Apollo 133bus

There must be lots of other Announcements to make up for all the HYPE

But if thats the MWSF mac specs, who would give a shit?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Jesus I hope not,. MWNY all over again.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    That wouldn't be MWNY all over again. Trust me, I was at MWNY and just having an entirely new iMac would be better than the annoucements at MWNY.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Might as well put flower power on everything...

If this show doesn't live up to the hype, as we want it to -- and not with Stevie Boy's silly visions of iToys or even good iToys and whatnot -- I expect no less than Jobs be booed off stage and savaged in the press. AND THIS TIME he'll have deserved it!
  • Reply 8 of 19
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    resellers still haven't gotten stock of the new powerbook but they are going to update them in 4 days... suuurrreee
  • Reply 9 of 19
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>The iBook needs a G4. I'd replace my Pismo in a femtosecond if this happened.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I was refferring to the fact that AltiVec needs to be more widespread for more apps to develop for it. Ive said it so many times that I figured I didnt have to repeat it.

-Paul
  • Reply 10 of 19
    The G3 needs to be buried and forgotten. If those are the announcements for this MWSF then its going to suck. Period.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>Might as well put flower power on everything...

If this show doesn't live up to the hype, as we want it to -- and not with Stevie Boy's silly visions of iToys or even good iToys and whatnot -- I expect no less than Jobs be booed off stage and savaged in the press. AND THIS TIME he'll have deserved it!</strong><hr></blockquote>

He deserved it at MWNY. This time if he doesn't deliver something commensurate with the current hype he'll be getting it in spades.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>

I was refferring to the fact that AltiVec needs to be more widespread for more apps to develop for it. Ive said it so many times that I figured I didnt have to repeat it.

-Paul</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure that lately the iBook has gotten more sales than the iMac. Therefore, it'd be a good idea but if the iBook got a G4 then the iMac would too.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    Sounds too realistic to be "beyond the rumor sites" or even "a backstage pass to the future". In fact, those specs sound pretty bad to me. I will be sadly disssapointed if there is no G5, and the G4's stop at 1000 mhz
  • Reply 14 of 19
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    thanks Marc for the extremely enlightening post
  • Reply 14 of 19
    cry me a river, whiners.

Those systems would rock.

SdC
  • Reply 16 of 19
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    I agree totally with apple.otaku's statement which said "The G3 needs to be buried and forgotten. If those are the announcements for this MWSF then its going to suck. Period."

I hope this MWSF '02 show highlight is the G5.

I don't give a rat's high knee about the other goodies.

- Mark
  • Reply 17 of 19
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>thanks Marc for the extremely enlightening post </strong><hr></blockquote>

Cheer up buddy. I aint gonna kill you. I just pulled together todays rumour news from the web into a thread, using a bit of logic aswell
  • Reply 18 of 19
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    If the G5 is not released this Macworld, I'm assuming it'll be at the MWNY '02. I wonder how Apple will hype that expo? I'm sure that whatever they say, it would make todays MWSF '02 hype tame in comparison.

- Mark
  • Reply 19 of 19
    If those truly are accurate specs.... I'll break down and cry - cry out of pity for Apple and what it could have been