MBP purchase advice

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I plan to dump my Dell lattitude for a Macbook Pro and I have two questions

1. The closest apple store is about 250 miles away but Best Buy is about 5 minutes. Planning to go to BB but do I buy BB's warranty or go with Applecare?

2. What are the chances they refresh the MBP's hard drive and processor options next month? I am dying to pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    xgrewellxxgrewellx Posts: 22member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dkgator View Post

I plan to dump my Dell lattitude for a Macbook Pro and I have two questions

1. The closest apple store is about 250 miles away but Best Buy is about 5 minutes. Planning to go to BB but do I buy BB's warranty or go with Applecare?

2. What are the chances they refresh the MBP's hard drive and processor options next month? I am dying to pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance

1: Buy it at bestbuy (no difference in price) and then within a year of purchase go to apple.com and buy the applecare warranty.

2: I don't see them doing a refresh at WWDC, and I wouldn't be worried. At least buy the 2.66ghz 15 incher though, as you'll be doubling your ram, adding hdd space, and getting more vram.

the $500 is well worth it there....
  • Reply 2 of 2
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Definitely go with the Apple Care, you're much more likely to get a satisfactory outcome should you ever need to use it.

As you probably know, be prepared to withstand a hard sell bordering on physical attack to take the Best Buy extended warranty, however. I'm sure they'll tell you some lies about why Apple Care is actually a terrible choice, so you might want to bone up on what's what beforehand.