Apple to answer netbook market with $500-$700 tablet - report

Comments

• Reply 61 of 243
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Groan. There you go again. This is getting so tiresome. And, the sad part is, you are completely impervious.

While I am indeed impervious to your lacking knowledge on how to use the ignore list , grasping technical issues, etc I am contributing to the thread's issues (whether agreeing or disagreeing) while you once again are whining on and on about people who don't agree with you. Pathetic.
  • Reply 62 of 243
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I was thinking along similar lines, mmm is there a member mute filter in this blog?

What? I am totally excited by this. I would buy one right now,this instant, if only it were available.
  • Reply 63 of 243
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

While I am indeed impervious to your lacking knowledge on how to use the ignore list , grasping technical issues, etc I am contributing to the thread's issues (whether agreeing or disagreeing) while you once again are whining on and on about people who don't agree with you. Pathetic.

If only you made sense. That would be a start.
  • Reply 64 of 243
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

Wow. What are you, the thought police? So what, he was stating an opinion. Nothing like getting skewered and lambasted for speaking your mind...

No but it gets a little tiring when the same person says the same negative shit day and day out with nothing to back it up but a bunch of FUD!
  • Reply 65 of 243
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Quote:

I was thinking along similar lines, mmm is there a member mute filter in this blog?

There is an ignore feature. Its in your User CP.
  • Reply 66 of 243
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:

What? I am totally excited by this. I would buy one right now,this instant, if only it were available.

Just a personal thing on my part, whatever you think or don't on topics I'd like to be able to read this blog sans your input. So where is the mute option?
  • Reply 67 of 243
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

Thank you thank you thank you
  • Reply 68 of 243
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:

Do you EVER have anything nice to say about Apple?

Not in the case!!! Two thousand and friggin ten!!! They are taking too long and I hope the competition beats them to the punch and teaches Apple what happens if they miss a window of opportunity. Let me copy my post to alleyinsider about this which conveys my feelings on this topic:

from alleyinsider.com

Quote:

Let me tell you all something before I'm mad enough to throw my cereal bowl at my monitor this morning!!!.........

They should have been working on this for a few years now and I'm going to be downright ANGRY if they don't announce this new type of device either at the WWDC or an event later in the year.

THAT SAID, and despite you all thinking I'm some sort of insane kook, if they delay the device to CY10 then they had BETTER make sure the device is using a flexible display technology. That would be the thing that would send the device over the top and put it in an instant lead over the competition. And it would solve the dilema of needing a large screened computer still be pocketable.

And before you make me annoyed and try to disagree about various flexible screen technologies and their development status would you please make your lazy azz fingers type a google search on the subject?

Now let me go get a bagel with peanut butter....calm down....then return to this thread to rant some more.
  • Reply 69 of 243
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

Wow. What are you, the thought police? So what, he was stating an opinion. Nothing like getting skewered and lambasted for speaking your mind...

teckstud is a known troll, possibly one of the most annoying this site has had lately. Certainly he is worse than any others I have seen the whole time I've been posting here and I come here almost every day. He's just barely smart enough to avoid personal attacks and profanity so he can't be banned.

On the other hand, the times he *does* cross the line and gets personal or profane I always report the post but nothing ever happens to him so maybe the moderation is a little soft or maybe he's related to someone at AppleInsider or something? Not sure. I've been reprimanded myself for far less than teckstud does on a daily basis.

He spent an entire thread one time saying the most atrocious personal things about people and nothing seemed to happen to him. Mysterious.
  • Reply 70 of 243
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member
    Quote:

Oh I thought the iPhone updates were factored into its plan and therefor claiming it payment is over 2 years (Sarbanes Oxley)- therefor no charge. Touch does not have this due to no plan. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That would make sense, and that was my first thought, too. However, that wouldn't explain why Apple also accocunts for AppleTV sales using the same accounting method as for the iPhone. So I don't think there is any dependancy between how they account for the sale and whether there is a service subscription associated with it.
  • Reply 71 of 243
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:

Oh I thought the iPhone updates were factored into its plan and therefor claiming it payment is over 2 years .....

.....Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well you are wrong. You have been corrected a couple of times. The problem seems to be that you don't seem to recognise when you are wrong.

I think that's what fuels the dogmatic attitude to your posts. In this thread you seem to be keen to follow in the footsteps of your little italian friend.
  • Reply 72 of 243
    Quote:

Oh this is so nice, I can recommend this to all. 'teckstud' now in ignore list
  • Reply 73 of 243
    istinkistink Posts: 250member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

hmm, wonder how that would look, a single milled piece of aluminum, 6mm thick, all touchscreen. anyone want to make a mockup?

There are a ton of concepts. I liked something like this. It doesn't show an onscreen keyboard, but that obviously would be needed.

• Reply 74 of 243
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    Quote:

I don't see much truth in that. I see conspiracy, but no truth in the matter at all. I can't see how Leopard can be late. Yes, they pushed it back ONCE to get out the door. Since then there's no evidence to the iPhone OS hindering Leopard. These are 2 separate teams.

MobileMe was just the wrong time to roll it out. Absolutely have NOTHING to do with the iPhone. Its great how you can take everything wrong and blame it on the iPhone.

I suspect that the original "push back" of Leopard was due to the fact that there are a few key individuals that understand the core of OS X and they were needed full time (100 hours a week and lovin' it) to assure the successful launch of the iPhone.

There were several side benefits to that effort:

1) experience gained in supporting variants of a core OS on multiple platforms

2) enhancements to XCode and IB in general

3) development of a Simulator

4) new/enhanced testing/debugging tools

5) began re-implementation of OBjective C frameworks, e.g UIKit (the way they should have been done, originally)

These benefits are being fed back into OS X!

Add to this the infrastructure to sell and distribute apps through the App Store.

Likely, OS X has regained the lost 6 months many times over... a pretty good ROI.

Dick
  • Reply 75 of 243
    walshbjwalshbj Posts: 864member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

As cool as it would be, I still don?t see a consumer market for a dedicated tablet Mac.

I see it. Sofa device, digital picture frame, e-reader, video-chat, etc. Wireless keyboard for business travel.... Mount it in vehicles. Kitchen counter. It fits many places where a laptop is awkward. I guarantee you SJ hates using a hinged laptop, because of the hinge.

I thought the Kindle would flop. This adds so much to the Kindle, which according to certain stats* must be selling well. At least Kindle users are buying tons of books.

*NYT.com : 35 percent of sales of books that have a Kindle edition are sold in that format.
  • Reply 76 of 243
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

That would make sense, and that was my first thought, too. However, that wouldn't explain why Apple also accocunts for AppleTV sales using the same accounting method as for the iPhone. So I don't think there is any dependancy between how they account for the sale and whether there is a service subscription associated with it.

Good question. Does the Apple TV fall into a different category like a computer or a TV device (like Blu-ray which also doesn't charge for update)? I'm not sure why there are exceptions.
  • Reply 77 of 243
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Its the usual analyst wankery but 2010 sounds about right. The OS will iPhone OS4 I expect. There really is no major problem using the iPhone OS for this. I don't know what that bollocks about a new operating system between OS X and iPhone OS was all about. They are virtually the same thing and getting closer all the time as the smartphone class chipsets get more powerful. Anybody with any sense has been coding their iPhone apps with the possibility of larger screen sizes in mind.
  • Reply 78 of 243
    istinkistink Posts: 250member
    Quote:

Oh this is so nice, I can recommend this to all. 'teckstud' now in ignore list

It's best not to address this sort of thing. I know I'm addressing it by saying not to address it, but I hope to not discuss it any further. I'd rather keep the discussion on the article.

This is an interesting article with potential for an intelligent discussion. It's a shame that so many posts involve discussion on how to use the ignore list, and who's a troll and why, and so on. This happened in another previous discussion with "italiankid."

Lets move on lol. I'll say no more on it
  • Reply 79 of 243
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

I suspect that the original "push back" of Leopard was due to the fact that there are a few key individuals that understand the core of OS X and they were needed full time (100 hours a week and lovin' it) to assure the successful launch of the iPhone.

Dick

Thank you. That confirms my post ,regardless of benefits. It was iPhone development that most likely pushed Leopard back.

Conspiracy is nonsense.
  • Reply 80 of 243
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    There was a rumor in March about Apple ordering a shipment of 10-inch touchscreens

for delivery in the third quarter. If that rumor was true, there might be some chance

that a new product would be ready for launch in time for the holidays. That would seem

to be a better time to sell them than early 2010, if producing them in time was

even possible.