Calm down. Obviously there is more too it

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Perhaps these rumors are true

(I personally don't think they are)

but if they are then that means the other announcement is only bigger, only more groundbreaking. Perhaps that 1800 LCD iMac includes something to justify that price that hasn't been leaked such as a tablet.

Apple WOULD NOT be hyping MW for the announcements these sites are saying. and they would not be saying anything about the future. these specs and features are no where near the future.

I have confidence in Apple this time. I don't know what they are up to but its gonna be big

Comments

• Reply 1 of 75
    Yeah but they also treated the iPod like it was some sort of completely new digital device and all we got was an mp3 player. I think we need a better tagline from Apple to boost things again.

• Reply 2 of 75
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    "I have confidence in Apple this time."

Since when didn't you?

Seriously tho, I aggree. I mean how can you sell an iMac, even if it does have and LCD for $1800? There has to be a catch-there is something we haven't touched on.

-Paul

Edit: Typo

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: psantora ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 75
    $1,800 is not a verified price.
  • Reply 4 of 75
    and who says it's gonna cost $ 1800?

what's with the g4 imac rumors? the predictions are getting worse the closer we get to mw expo ...
  • Reply 5 of 75
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    1800 with a Ghz G3/4 a 15" LCD, 512MB ram, a huge 80+ GB HDD, and a SUPERdrive. They might sell a few to home video enthusiasts, and it might actually be a decent deal.

1800 for a cool concept but relative USELESS webpad monitor thingy, and you can start writing up those chapter 11 papers.

WEB PADS are a concept that is going nowhere. Their usefulness doesn't come even remotely close to justifying their considerable expense. They'll arive only when they add no more than a twenty to the price of a given machine. That's about all the added functionality they provide.
  • Reply 6 of 75
    $1800 w/ superdrive fine, but if Apple doesn't offer one for $1300 w/o superdrive then this will be worse than the cube fiasco, much worse. Nobody will buy the damn thing! It's a G3, with a tiny screen and no expansion or upgrade capability. Didn't Apple learn the hard way, that few people will pay so much money for so little?

I knew it. Apple is hyping this show because they've got NOTHING. Their Powermacs are still going to be butt-slow jokes, their iMacs will be even worse values than they are now, and if we're luck we get a new iApp that's dumbed-down to the lowest common denominator user so they don't hurt their brains.

Add to the insult, that Jobs thinks this is a good thing.

I hope people bring rotten fruit to MWSF. Wait until he announces the price for the new iMac, and lob a few rotten apples. Save the rotten cantalopes for when he announces the ultra-fast new powermacs, topping out at 1 GHz, dual 933 MHz. Wow, that is so far beyond the rumor sites. I'm so amazed I must go pee on myself.
  • Reply 7 of 75
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>I knew it. Apple is hyping this show because they've got NOTHING. </strong><hr></blockquote>

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ummm, anyone else perplexed by this?\\

-Paul
  • Reply 8 of 75
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    um...PC manufactures have been offering LCD consumer computers sub $1000 for some time now. If Apple thinks that only the top iMac can have an LCD due to costs of LCD's and the rest of them have that sick little 15" CRT than they are absolutely out of their mind.
  • Reply 9 of 75
    majukimajuki Posts: 114member
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>

I hope people bring rotten fruit to MWSF. Wait until he announces the price for the new iMac, and lob a few rotten apples. Save the rotten cantalopes for when he announces the ultra-fast new powermacs, topping out at 1 GHz, dual 933 MHz. Wow, that is so far beyond the rumor sites. I'm so amazed I must go pee on myself.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Will do.

This MW better not be a joke.
  • Reply 10 of 75
    jwdawsojwdawso Posts: 389member
    [quote]Originally posted by Bodhi:

<strong>um...PC manufactures have been offering LCD consumer computers sub $1000 for some time now. If Apple thinks that only the top iMac can have an LCD due to costs of LCD's and the rest of them have that sick little 15" CRT than they are absolutely out of their mind.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The sick little 15" CRT is actually nice - I have one! I'm still predicting 15" WIDESCREEN LCD - what's the point if the LCD is the same resolution as the current CRT?

I just don't believe that the King of Marketing - SJ - has all of sudden lost his mind and is hyping crummy specs and crummy prices.

We'll know Monday!
  • Reply 11 of 75
    PC manufacturers have been offering multi-GHz towers for under $1000 for some time as well, and Apple still does not sell a tower for less than $1700 (and that model needs $300 worth of RAM and video card upgrades to make it worthwhile).

Never underestimate the stupidity of Apple when it comes to marketing and selling products. This is the same company that took a brilliant product, the Cube, and destroyed it by overpricing it.
  • Reply 12 of 75
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    I wonder if all todays negativety is due to the fact that the apple.com message was a bit lame.

Now the world is giving us specs *less* tan we were predicting a week ago. Quite funny really.

By sunday night well all be predicting 350MHZ g3's!
  • Reply 13 of 75
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Apple knows the mac community was expecting more than what those supposed specs are. I just dont see them making such a big deal and getting our expectations so how only to release that.

Something is wrong
  • Reply 13 of 75
    jwdawsojwdawso Posts: 389member
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ummm, anyone else perplexed by this?\\

-Paul</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hyping nothing - JYD is hyping his own fears.

JYD - you show so little faith - do you own a Mac? If so, why'd you buy one? If you use it, why?
  • Reply 15 of 75
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>Apple knows the mac community was expecting more than what those supposed specs are. I just dont see them making such a big deal and getting our expectations so how only to release that.

Something is wrong</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm with applenut on this one.

I think that Apple has learned from the Cube-fiasko - Steve will not be eager to tell his investors that they overestimated demand again and build up that big of a hype before the show.

As many others, I believe that the show will not solely focus on improvements to their current line-up nor an LCD-iMac - which is not that revolutionary after all - but rather on some digital devices... any news about Steve's rumored CES-keynote?

Well, I'm all excited!
  • Reply 16 of 75
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    What makes these rumors any different from all the other specs/price rumors we've heard? The only thing different is that they fit with what we've come to expect from Apple--out of touch, high prices, and bad specs. The only important issue is that the rumor sites know crap.
  • Reply 17 of 75
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    For once, I truly agree with applenut

Just look at current pricing. A low end G4 w/15 inch LCD is currently $2199 w/the rebate. Now, given the likelihood of reduced LCD prices and speedbumped G4s at Macworld, you could theoretically get a 867 G4 w/combo drive, and a 17 inch LCD for the same price. Now, an iMac w/G3 and smaller LCD will definitely be more than $400 cheaper than the low end G4, considering that the current high end iMac is $700 dollars cheaper. That's my $3.02

(other random thought: what if the macminute/thinksecret source was canadian? then that'd be good pricing)
  • Reply 18 of 75
    [quote]Originally posted by RolandG:

<strong>any news about Steve's rumored CES-keynote?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Maybe next year...

-Paul
  • Reply 19 of 75
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by jwdawso:

<strong>

The sick little 15" CRT is actually nice - I have one! I'm still predicting 15" WIDESCREEN LCD - what's the point if the LCD is the same resolution as the current CRT?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Are you kidding me? I think you're the only one who likes the CRT that the iMacs have. I'd much rather have an LCD because it's easier on the eyes, more viewable area, and it takes up a lot less space. If Apple keeps the shitty CRT that they currently use (except for maybe the low end) it'll be a bigger flop than the Cube.
  • Reply 19 of 75
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    Maybe the source was Italian

1800 Lira for an iMac, why not.

G-News