New iPhone killer-apps from Apple?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
There is a lot of talk about the new iPhone and iPhone OS 3.0 features. One of the leaks suggests basic video editing on iPhone. That would be great. But what about other apps?

What comes to mind is an iPhone version of the Keynote application. It would make sense if it is focused on presentation with very limited editing functions, if any (e.g. to correct a typo or add a couple of words). The transitions could be pre-rendered by the desktop Keynote application before uploading to the iPhone. An app like this will make the iPhone the best business phone instantly

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    I'm really looking forward to apps that talk to iPod peripherals.

I hope this ushers in a lot smarter applications that interface intelligently with

the new hardware out here today. I don't know how in-depth the API is but it's a

start.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    shadowshadow Posts: 373member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

I'm really looking forward to apps that talk to iPod peripherals.

Considering that the 3.0 APIs makes this possible it is safe to assume that we will see a lot of peripherals that use hem. I would expect this will apply to the new peripherals only.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I want an iPhone that provides the veiwfinder, brains, controls and storage for an X megapixel DLSR, just slide it into the back until it docks...

...not so much for the photo's, more to shut the iPhone camera whiners up once and for all.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadow View Post

Considering that the 3.0 APIs makes this possible it is safe to assume that we will see a lot of peripherals that use hem. I would expect this will apply to the new peripherals only.

• Reply 4 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I want a home theater receiver with an iPod dock that allows the Touch or iPhone to act as a graphic UI for setup functions.

Because home theater receivers have the most fuck-all hideous, useless and convoluted user interaction in history of hideous, useless and convoluted consumer devices.

As far as I can make out, the only design principle at work is "when in doubt, put more buttons on it. And if you run out of room, put 'em on the remote. And if you run out of room on the remote, put a little hatch on there and put more buttons under that."
  • Reply 5 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I want a home theater receiver with an iPod dock that allows the Touch or iPhone to act as a graphic UI for setup functions.

Because home theater receivers have the most fuck-all hideous, useless and convoluted user interaction in history of hideous, useless and convoluted consumer devices.

As far as I can make out, the only design principle at work is "when in doubt, put more buttons on it. And if you run out of room, put 'em on the remote. And if you run out of room on the remote, put a little hatch on there and put more buttons under that."

+1

I'd also like to see a simple receiver. Slim with digital amps and 4 HDMI inputs and a few digital audio inputs. As you mention there would be an iPhone app for control.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    amberainamberain Posts: 5member
    Video shooting and editing is enough for me
  • Reply 7 of 7
    tutumiles1tutumiles1 Posts: 115member
    I would be happy with a to do list that actually alerts me with a ringtone instead of a message which gets overlooked. This was available for years with Microsoft CE and is a great feature. You could literally set a task and the time and it would alert you. A feature really missing with Apple and the Apps available.

While I have several of the To do apps, I am not overly happy with either of them. I want to be able to set a time for a task and be alerted with Ringtone or music. Pretty basis, but sorely missed.