Steve Jobs spotted on Apple campus - report

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Steve Jobs made a surprise appearance at Apple headquarters on Wednesday where he met with members of the company's leadership, according to a new report.

setteB.it claims that multiple sources confirmed they'd seen Jobs, who appeared well. The chief executive was reportedly on hand to meet with other members of the company's top brass as part of a directional meeting.

The publication joked that it was unclear whether Jobs had been chauffeured to the campus or if he instead chose to slide his $130,000 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG sideways into a handicapped space as usual.

Word of Jobs' appearance arrives on the heels of comments from Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, who told the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday that he'd recently spoken to his old business partner and that he sounded ?healthy" and "energetic."

Jobs, who is on medical leave from his daily role at Apple to attend to "complex" health issues, is not expected to return to the company in full capacity until the end of June.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 48
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member
    (deleted)
  • Reply 2 of 48
    Go Steve Go!
  • Reply 3 of 48
    dhkostadhkosta Posts: 150member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The publication joked that it was unclear whether Jobs had been chauffeured to the campus of if he instead chose to slide his $130,000 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG sideways into a handicapped space as usual.

This is why we love Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 4 of 48
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHKOsta View Post

This is why we love Steve Jobs.

yes we do love steve .
  • Reply 5 of 48
    I guess he's still alive, or he has a convincing doppelgänger. I wonder if he's started using iChat again?
  • Reply 6 of 48
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    When do we get the thread on when he enters and leaves the building?
  • Reply 7 of 48
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    There. Everyone happy now?

The man's only what, 53 or so? Provided his health is alright, he has many years of service to Apple left in him.
  • Reply 8 of 48
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    I would classify his obsessive compulsiveness to micromanage every little detail of Apple's products to a paranoia-perfection as a handicap. Slide that Benz right into that parking space Steve!
  • Reply 9 of 48
    A little something from MDN today.

• Reply 10 of 48
    donathiusdonathius Posts: 23member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

When do we get the thread on when he enters and leaves the building?

Someone needs to volunteer to stand outside of 1 Infinite Loop and tweet Steve's comings and goings. Can you imaging how ridiculous Twitter would get if that happened?

RT via @stevewatch, SJ is here, wearing shorts & t-shirt has McD's bag

Maybe we can put together a fund to bribe the receptionist at the check-in desk.
  • Reply 11 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

I would classify his obsessive compulsiveness to micromanage every little detail of Apple's products to a paranoia-perfection as a handicap. Slide that Benz right into that parking space Steve!

Um . . . his "handicap" is why Macs and OS X and nearly every other Apple product have become not only household names, but The Gold Standard in tech.

We need more like him in this half-asleep industry.

LOL, You feeling ok??
  • Reply 12 of 48
    cu10cu10 Posts: 294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

A little something from MDN today.

Pic of Steve Jobs as Aragorn http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/567...obskingjpg.jpg

NICE.

Pic of Steve Jobs as Jedi at http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/m...obs_kenobi.jpg

I feel the force...
  • Reply 13 of 48
    gyokurogyokuro Posts: 83member
    Welcome back Steve! I, along with everyone else, want a cameo at the WWDC. Time to ditch the black mock turtleneck though. How about shorts, flip-flops and a black T?
  • Reply 14 of 48
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Written like someone who has never worked for him.
  • Reply 15 of 48
    macinthe408macinthe408 Posts: 1,050member
    "...not expected to return to the company in full capacity until the end of June," or Macworld 2009, whichever comes first.
  • Reply 16 of 48
    jwervel16jwervel16 Posts: 40member
    Easily the best news for Apple in months. I was half-expecting a coverup scandal.
  • Reply 17 of 48
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Um . . . his "handicap" is why Macs and OS X and nearly every other Apple product have become not only household names, but The Gold Standard in tech.

We need more like him in this half-asleep industry.

LOL, You feeling ok??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Written like someone who has never worked for him.

Hey, it was sarcasm. Even a happy Apple user and AAPL owner like myself can poke fun at the stereotype Steve has.

I'm happy to hear the good news and I agree with you Quadra about the industry needing more people like him. I wish Steve good health! Godspeed!
  • Reply 18 of 48
    macfandavemacfandave Posts: 603member
    I hope this is true. . . it would be the best news I heard in a long time!

What's wrong with Steve parking in a handicapped spot? You can get a placard if you have a case of RDF-itis!

I look forward to Steve's return and may it be in the best of health.
  • Reply 19 of 48
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    Maybe helping finalize the content of the keynote address?

I hope he comes on stage in a cocoon as if being reborn and hopefully not stuck in it ala Spinal Tap.
  • Reply 20 of 48
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jwervel16 View Post

Easily the best news for Apple in months. I was half-expecting a coverup scandal.

I have mixed feelings. While I am ecstatic for his family and friends, I think it's time for him to let go, and extinguish once-and-for all the 'Jobs-put' in the stock price.

He should take on a BG-like role.... e.g., "Chief Guru" or something along those lines.