iPhone 3G with data plan only?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Is it possible to have an iPhone with data only? I.e., data only but no voice plan? My company pays for my cell phone, and I honestly prefer a smaller, pocketable cell phone. However, having an ipod touch, I recognize the value of these devices, but I can effectively only use the touch at home.

So, I'm trying to figure out a way to have a device that has data capabilities outside of the house, without having to have voice on it as well. If I can't do this with the iPhone, is it possible with other devices?

Thanks!

(Yes, I did do a search first).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    You don't say where you are but if you're in the UK the Pay As You Go iPhone is essentially data-only as it includes 12months unlimited 3G/WiFi for the one off handset cost of £342.54. After a year you'll pay £10 per month for the data only.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ms960ms960 Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

You don't say where you are but if you're in the UK the Pay As You Go iPhone is essentially data-only as it includes 12months unlimited 3G/WiFi for the one off handset cost of £342.54. After a year you'll pay £10 per month for the data only.

Sorry -- I'm in the U.S. (Washington, DC) area.