MacUpdate promo

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Do you recommend the MacUpdate promos? What do you think? Are there any negative aspects to the particular versions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    If it's a good buy for you it is a good buy for you.

Sometimes the bundles overlap what you own already by too much or have too many apps you really don't want, while missing one you really do want. Then it isn't a good buy.

Since every person has different taste and a different install set on their machine, the answer has to be just as personally generated.

Me, I bought the last one, not the previous one nor will I get the current one. I've jumped at and avoided other folks bundles as well.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Do you recommend the MacUpdate promos? What do you think? Are there any negative aspects to the particular versions?

I always recommend them if they have enough software programs that you are interested or may become interested in.

Computers are tools and without a good selection of software you will have varying levels of productivity.

I don't get caught up in the philosophical mumbu jumbo about how bundles potentially devalue the market.

The end game to me is that as a developer you have a product and the hard part is finding a thriving market for your product.

The Macintosh platform has always been about software and historically Mac users have purchased a disproportionate amount of software as compared to their PC brethren.

I think this is because Mac users enjoy computing. Mac software bundles allow you to enjoy computing yet makes it more affordable.

Also check out

www.themacbundles.com

Default Folder X

iPrint

Spellcatcher X

Houdahspot

Graphic Converter

Coverstream

Dragstrip

Mariner Write

$49 with a more equitable profit sharing arrangement
  • Reply 3 of 4
    This looks like a pretty good bundle. I've been debating purchasing Parallels and it appears this bundle is cheaper than just Parallels by itself.

I like the features that DVD Rip It and some of the other DVD software that comes with this bundle. Does anyone have any experience with those programs:

DVD Remaster 5

RipIt

Multiplex

Also, has anyone used Paperless? I like to keep all of my bills / receipts digital, but I just keep them in a folder. This seems like a good software to sort all of those...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TrojanShawn View Post

This looks like a pretty good bundle. I've been debating purchasing Parallels and it appears this bundle is cheaper than just Parallels by itself.

I like the features that DVD Rip It and some of the other DVD software that comes with this bundle. Does anyone have any experience with those programs:

DVD Remaster 5

RipIt

Multiplex

Also, has anyone used Paperless? I like to keep all of my bills / receipts digital, but I just keep them in a folder. This seems like a good software to sort all of those...

I haven't ripped many DVD but Ripit is as easy as they come. It doesn't do compression however so Handbrake fans aren't going to go anywhere but DVD Remaster will compress the files for you.

Multiplex is still pretty new but it seems to be ok. Their working on DVD streaming to an Apple TV which would be very cool.