Got an iphone last Saturday - should I have waited?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
So I got an iphone last Saturday, which was long-awaited. Come home all excited and get online to read about it and read that a new phone is being announced just 8 days later.

Should I have waited? Think I'll have any luck in exchanging my phone for a new one? Do I even want a new one? I understand that I will get the 3.0 software upgrade for free.

Please, ease my mind a bit. If I'm screwed, then just lie to me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Yes, yes. We all're entitled to free OS 3.0 update.

What else will those i-am-first-in-line'ers get this summer? 4GB flash at the price of our 8GB? Chinese FM tuner inside iPhone, draining the battery like a mad?

Pfft...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ranchogirl View Post

So I got an iphone last Saturday, which was long-awaited. Come home all excited and get online to read about it and read that a new phone is being announced just 8 days later.

Should I have waited? Think I'll have any luck in exchanging my phone for a new one? Do I even want a new one? I understand that I will get the 3.0 software upgrade for free.

Theres usually a 14 day return on those....

I would have waited. Don't get me wrong though. I LOVE MY iPHONE 3G! Its worth every penny. However, I'm awaiting a better battery life and hopefully improved camera.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:

Yes you should have waited. Always buy a mac product soon after it comes out.

Oh yes, and ROFLMAO!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

Theres usually a 14 day return on those....

I would have waited. Don't get me wrong though. I LOVE MY iPHONE 3G! Its worth every penny. However, I'm awaiting a better battery life and hopefully improved camera.

I will wait until the iphone works without AT&T out of the box.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    taskisstaskiss Posts: 1,212member
    Quote:

You now have one of the best, most sought after communications devices ever invented. What goes on sale tomorrow doesn't change that.

And, I'll respect you in the morning.

• Reply 6 of 7
    edw1n23edw1n23 Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

I will wait until the iphone works without AT&T out of the box.

It already does, you just have to pay $599 or something like that for it.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    If they don't announce it at WWDC on monday, keep it you'll love it. If do they do announce it, return it tuesday, you might as well get the newest thing is it's the same price.