Business software suggestion?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey guys,

I've been doing a lot of research and feel like I'm smoking crack for not being able to find what I want. I recently started a small client-service based business that has assets. What I'd like to do is find one application that does all of the following:

- Allow me to track time by project/client/task, etc. with a built-in timer that also allows bulk input of time

- Turn tracked time into invoices easily

- Track my expenses and mileage

- Track my assets

- Integrate with my bank accounts for reconciliation of payments, transactions, etc.

- Maintain all of the financials of my company (things like depreciation of assets, taxes owed, financial reports, etc.)

- Light customer management

- Export ability to excel, .pdf and email directly from the app

- Possibility of future integration with online credit card payments

I know that's a lot to ask for, but I know SOMEONE has to need these things in one package. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

-Dave

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ringemaster View Post

Hey guys,

I've been doing a lot of research and feel like I'm smoking crack for not being able to find what I want. I recently started a small client-service based business that has assets. What I'd like to do is find one application that does all of the following:

- Allow me to track time by project/client/task, etc. with a built-in timer that also allows bulk input of time

- Turn tracked time into invoices easily

- Track my expenses and mileage

- Track my assets

- Integrate with my bank accounts for reconciliation of payments, transactions, etc.

- Maintain all of the financials of my company (things like depreciation of assets, taxes owed, financial reports, etc.)

- Light customer management

- Export ability to excel, .pdf and email directly from the app

- Possibility of future integration with online credit card payments

I know that's a lot to ask for, but I know SOMEONE has to need these things in one package. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

-Dave

I use FILEMAKER PRO .

Its a great piece of software .

I have used it since 1992

• Reply 2 of 2
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    What you're describing is normally accomplished with a database and a whole bunch of front end apps. The sky's the limit for that kind of thing in terms of functionality as well as pricing. For instance Oracle does what you want. But that's like bringing the Star Destroyer to a knife fight.

I suspect you'll need to end up buying a few different off-the-shelf packages. Unfortunately, most of these are windows based or client server based.