2009 iPhone models surface in Dutch T-Mobile systems

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Seemingly confirming Apple's basic iPhone product strategy for next week, T-Mobile Netherlands' phone catalog is showing 16GB and 32GB iPhones for 2009 as well as a possible 8GB model.

A pair of tips show an entry known as "iPhone 2009" in both black and white for the two identified capacities, hinting that Apple will no longer reserve a second color option for its best model.

Obtained by iPhoneClub, the images also curiously show two different entries for iPhones that are difficult to identify. One simply lists as "iPhone 2009 (NTB)" while another is "iPhone 3G 8GB Black V2." The former may just be a placeholder, but the second is less clear; the potential exists for it either to be a continuance of the iPhone 3G as-is after the new launch or else simply a minor, mid-cycle iPhone update that already exists in stores.

The 32GB instance has all been assumed to be in development due to the nature of flash memory technology but, if borne out by Apple's WWDC keynote on Monday, would represent the first capacity upgrade to the iPhone since the original iPhone was given a 16GB choice in early 2008.

However, an 8GB model, whether or not it's part of the 2009 refresh, would support the as-yet unverified rumors that Apple may retain a less expensive iPhone model in its catalog. The Cupertino-based iPhone creator is facing the two-pronged challenge of both a struggling world economy -- which contributed to its more modest iPhone sales last quarter -- as well as a new wave of competitors. Palm just today launched its Pre smartphone with multi-touch and has been fortunate enough to receive generally positive reviews that cast the touchscreen device as one of the few truly serious rivals to Apple's share of the smartphone business.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 78
    wayfarerwayfarer Posts: 21member
    *Yawn* Wake me up when Snow Leopard info surfaces.
  • Reply 2 of 78
    dronkertdronkert Posts: 4member
    NTB = "Nader Te Bepalen" = To Be Determined.
  • Reply 3 of 78
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    So, I guess they'll be available on Monday or Tuesday... as everyone's been saying.
  • Reply 4 of 78
    winterspanwinterspan Posts: 605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dronkert View Post

NTB = "Nader Te Bepalen" = To Be Determined.

Thanks! I tried acronym finder and nothing in english made sense. it also had some German phrases listed, but I translated those and they didn't fit either. I was going to go crazy! LOL
  • Reply 5 of 78
    bonklersbonklers Posts: 54member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post

*Yawn* Wake me up when Snow Leopard info surfaces.

i think apple is making great technological leaps with SL. Once its released we'll see that the comparisons in the media vs win7 haven't put it into perspective.

same thing with os3.0, i think once it's out it will make webOS look obsolete.

I can't wait for monday to come, AI rumors are nice time fillers but nothing beats the real deal.
  • Reply 6 of 78
    Does anyone actually think the new iPhone will be ready Monday or Tuesday? Wouldn't it have been leaked by now from the FCC? It doesn't seem like an Apple move.
  • Reply 7 of 78
    ipodrulzipodrulz Posts: 38member
    I really wish Apple cuts the 8GB line... please Apple. Do not dilute your brand. It hurts to see the iPhone being sold at Wal Mart, it's like the RAZR of 2009.
  • Reply 8 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ipodrulz View Post

I really wish Apple cuts the 8GB line... please Apple. Do not dilute your brand. It hurts to see the iPhone being sold at Wal Mart, it's like the RAZR of 2009.

Would everyone quit with the Walmart trashing and how it's going to tarnish the Apple Brand.

The only one's tarnishing the Apple Brand are the FanBoys that don't want the iPhone to be sold at Walmart. It was a sound business decision because the average Mac & iPhone user already knows what they are going to purchase before they go in. There are 1000's more Walmarts than Apple & AT&T stores combined.

Besides the fact that WALMART sells a heck of a lot of iPods.

Does that make you any less "COOL".

Grow up.

Edit: I'd change your screen name... It's associated with a product sold at Walmart.
  • Reply 9 of 78
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    We need more exciting rumors than this just a few days away from WWDC.

**** N E W S F L A SH ! ! !****

Apple decides the iPhone is just too good to sell and pulls it completely out of the market. In its place Apple is introducing to the world the iCan. It is a container for a multitude of items and when connected, with optional string, to another iCan you can almost have a conversation between two people. The iCan will be exclusive to AT&T for no less than five years in the U.S. Worldwide availability is undetermined at this time.

**** E N D N E W S F L A S H ****

Something like that. What happened to the good old days when we would have had rumors of flexible OLED displays, 10 megapixel with flash cameras, pico projectors, or vibrating batteries.

The iPhone still doesn't have voice dialing, that would be a good feature to have rumor or not.
  • Reply 10 of 78
    dagamer34dagamer34 Posts: 494member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacAttack09 View Post

Does anyone actually think the new iPhone will be ready Monday or Tuesday? Wouldn't it have been leaked by now from the FCC? It doesn't seem like an Apple move.

FCC is very strict on not leaking information before it's NDA is up. Leaking company secrets before announcements is a good way to get sued for millions of dollars in damages, especially when the FCC is privy to much more private information than will ever be publicly released.
  • Reply 11 of 78
    When the pic states iPhone 3G V2, it possibily stands for version 2. Version 2 possibily refers to OS. 3.0. I don't know, only time will tell.
  • Reply 12 of 78
    mark2005mark2005 Posts: 1,158member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacAttack09 View Post

The whole FCC thing was used by Apple as an excuse in 2007; Apple really just wanted to stop people from renewing or signing new contracts during those six months before the iPhone was sold. The FCC has a "keep-under-wraps" option that I'm sure Apple has used since the beginning.
  • Reply 13 of 78
    citycity Posts: 522member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ipodrulz View Post

As many people as possible should be exposed to great products and great design. The iPhone's beauty and elegance is more apparent upon use. It doesn't matter where it's sold (Big Lots, 99¢ store, maybe not Sears). Everyone should have one. The RAZR was a hooky product reliant on advertising.
  • Reply 14 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by city View Post

As many people as possible should be exposed to great products and great design. The iPhone's beauty and elegance is more apparent upon use. It doesn't matter where it's sold (Big Lots, 99¢ store, maybe not Sears). Everyone should have one. The RAZR was a hooky product reliant on advertising.

I stand corrected.

The only ones tarnishing Apple's name are people that trash Walmart and don't want the iPhone sold there and FanBoy's that make comments like...

"The iPhone's beauty and elegance is more apparent upon use".

Do you realize just how ignorant that sounds. It's a Phone.
  • Reply 15 of 78
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I work in a phonestore in Australia and an email was sent out asking us to update the iTunes we use for activation to 8.2...

...hmm!

Note this is the first update to iTunes we've had to do since installing 7 last year.

/taps side of nose
  • Reply 16 of 78
    floccusfloccus Posts: 138member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Obtained by iPhoneClub, the images also curiously show two different entries for iPhones that are difficult to identify. One simply lists as "iPhone 2009 (NTB)" while another is "iPhone 3G 8GB Black V2." The former may just be a placeholder, ...

There are similar NTB items for Alcatel, Asus, and I would presume a bunch of others, so most likely thats a general placeholder for any manufacturer they expect to release new models. Keeping the old 8GB model and letting it serve as either a free w/ contract or v. cheap model that goes with prepaid would obviously help get more units shipped to more people.
  • Reply 17 of 78
    dagamer34dagamer34 Posts: 494member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I work in a phonestore in Australia and an email was sent out asking us to update the iTunes we use for activation to 8.2...

...hmm!

Note this is the first update to iTunes we've had to do since installing 7 last year.

/taps side of nose

Well, iPhone OS 3.0 requires iTunes 8.2. That much is well known.
  • Reply 18 of 78
    aiaddictaiaddict Posts: 487member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan View Post

You are the one putting your ignorance on display. Anyone an spends 5 minutes with an iPhone and walks away thinking "It's a Phone" is completely clueless to technology.

Despite the name, the iPhone is really a handheld computing platform that happens to be able to make phone calls. See the touch for what an iPhone is without the phone functionality. Anyway, as a computing platform the comment made a lot of sense.
  • Reply 19 of 78
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan View Post

I stand corrected.

The only ones tarnishing Apple's name are people that trash Walmart and don't want the iPhone sold there and FanBoy's that make comments like...

"

You have somehow agreed and disagreed about the same post, all the while insulting and praising ciry.

Good Life
  • Reply 20 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AIaddict View Post

You are the one putting your ignorance on display. Anyone an spends 5 minutes with an iPhone and walks away thinking "It's a Phone" is completely clueless to technology.

Despite the name, the iPhone is really a handheld computing platform that happens to be able to make phone calls. See the touch for what an iPhone is without the phone functionality. Anyway, as a computing platform the comment made a lot of sense.

Quote by ignorant user.

"The iPhone's beauty and elegance is more apparent upon use"

It's a Phone just like the 40 others out there that are competing in the market today.

The quote above is why most people can't stand Apple Fans.

You hate everything non Apple rather than appreciating tech for what it is.

A tool to use to enhance your day to day actions.

PATHETIC and Brucep you're just as arrogant AIaddict.

If anyone says anything that is in ANY WAY not worshipping Steve or Apple you jump there ass.

This is a forum not a place of worship.