Live coverage from Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple today will kick-off its 2009 Worldwide Developers Conference with a keynote presentation led by marketing chief Phil Schiller at 10:00 am Pacific time (1:00 pm Eastern). AppleInsider will provide live coverage from the event here.

Please note, there is no need to reload this page. The applet (below) will auto update with text and photos once the keynote begins. In the meantime, readers are free to submit comments that will be filtered by moderators.

Live from Apple Worldwide Developer's Conference

Comments

• Reply 1 of 166
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    I can't wait for everyone to start complaining about the new product releases because either the information announced has already been known, or they believed in rumors that were not true. Happens every time!

Events like this were more exciting when the information announced was actually a surprise for people.
  • Reply 2 of 166
    hngfrhngfr Posts: 72member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Events like this were more exciting when the information announced was actually a surprise for people.

so, was that last bit a complaint?
  • Reply 3 of 166
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member
    Quote:

I can't wait for everyone to start complaining about the new product releases because either the information announced has already been known, or they believed in rumors that were not true. Happens every time!

The surprise is always there, regardless: For those rumors that are borne out, the surprise arrives sooner, that's all; for those that are not, SURPRISE!!
  • Reply 4 of 166
    ortalortal Posts: 25member
    http://store.apple.com/

the store is down.... I hope that means something =)
  • Reply 5 of 166
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member
    If they do release something, I would think it would be later this week, like on Friday.
  • Reply 6 of 166
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ortal View Post

http://store.apple.com/

The store is down.... I hope that means something =)

Its down and that means about a million clocks have started ticking down until its back. Filled with all sorts of new goodies.

I will wait this out at the

'cows with guns website "

Peace

• Reply 7 of 166
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

If they do release something, I would think it would be later this week, like on Friday.

The store is down. Its happening right now! Come back here right now and sit with us. Coffee ?
  • Reply 8 of 166
    mknoppmknopp Posts: 257member
    I have heard from "people in the know" that Apple is finally going to release the updated Mac Mini.

Oh wait, they have already done that. What is the product that everyone claims is going to come out now every time Apple has any sort of event?

\

Oh yeah!!!

I have heard from "people in the know" that Apple is finally going to release the Mac Tablet. Yeah!!!

Or maybe not.

Personally I am not expecting anything more than some software updates and possibly the iPhone update that everyone knew was coming at the end of last years event.
  • Reply 9 of 166
    hiimamachiimamac Posts: 584member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple today will kick-off its 2009 Worldwide Developers Conference with a keynote presentation led by marketing chief Phil Schiller at 10:00 am Pacific time (1:00 pm Eastern). AppleInsider will provide live coverage from the event here.

Please note, there is no need to reload this page. The applet (below) will auto update with text and photos once the keynote begins. In the meantime, readers are free to submit comments that will be filtered by moderators.

Live from Apple Worldwide Developer's Conference

Hmm.

Can someone tell me why in 2009 we still don't have live streaming?

Anyone have spoiler free link?

Thanks. Hope we are all happy today.
  • Reply 10 of 166
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Quote:

By everyone, of course you mean Techdud?
  • Reply 11 of 166
    amac4meamac4me Posts: 282member
    Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
  • Reply 12 of 166
    m24om24o Posts: 5member
    You can chat without any admin at www.myorbit.at/chat. The chat at appleinsider is closed very soon.

Click at the link, it's my site, really, and the chat is pretty cool, to kill the time till the keynote.
  • Reply 13 of 166
    Hi, we've created "iPhone Developer" community for this event to share live photos from WWDC among us. Please download "Big Canvas PhotoShare" from iTunes app store (it's free, of course), join the "iPhone Developer" community (it's on the top of "New Communities"), and start posting your live photos from WWDC to this community. This is a great to way to make connection with other iPhone developers. We will announce more events during WWDC. Please stay tuned!
  • Reply 14 of 166
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hiimamac View Post

Can someone tell me why in 2009 we still don't have live streaming?

In case someone exposes their breast(s)?
  • Reply 15 of 166
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

By everyone, of course you mean Techdud?

No complaints here today - I love it all. All of it. I drink the drink today!

Bring on Steve!
  • Reply 16 of 166
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mknopp View Post

I have heard from "people in the know" that Apple is finally going to release the Mac Tablet. Yeah!!! :

Usually, a double negative makes a positive; however, when you use, "Yeah! Sure!" that's probably the only known example of a double positive making a negative.
  • Reply 17 of 166
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Expectations are, as usual, way too high, based on rumours, speculations, etc.
  • Reply 18 of 166
    "K guys. We're taking our seats."

K guys, maybe next time you can try "K folks".
  • Reply 19 of 166
    dluxdlux Posts: 666member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mknopp View Post

I have heard from "people in the know" that Apple is finally going to release the updated Mac Mini.

Oh wait, they have already done that. What is the product that everyone claims is going to come out now every time Apple has any sort of event?

That would be the xMac, of course.

It's really coming this time.
  • Reply 20 of 166
    m24om24o Posts: 5member
    Chat to kill the time till keynote starts at www.myorbit.at/chat

It's in english.