Friend Stole money

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My friend stole a bunch of money from his dad and paid me for my x-box and games with it. I got a solid 300$ from him but I know its wrong what happened, his dad is a good guy. I spent the money he gave me and its too late to turn back on any of it. I've told him I want no more of the money, and that he should stop stealing, which he continues to do, but I still feel bad about myself being involved. I need some advice as to what I should do here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    So you knowingly accepted stolen goods (money)?... I suppose you could turn yourself into the cops.

Ultimately, your "friend" is the real dumbshist here... I'd worry less about the money and put more thought into whether you want to ever be seen with this "friend" again... guilt by association and all.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Healthcare55 View Post

My friend stole a bunch of money from his dad and paid me for my x-box and games with it. I got a solid 300$ from him but I know its wrong what happened, his dad is a good guy. I spent the money he gave me and its too late to turn back on any of it. I've told him I want no more of the money, and that he should stop stealing, which he continues to do, but I still feel bad about myself being involved. I need some advice as to what I should do here.

I'm sure you didn't know your friend stole the money from his dad right? or else your a accomplice and need to work with your friend and his dad to make amends.

If you were not involved, then state that to his dad and your displeasure of your friends behavior.

When your young you make "errors in judgement" the main thing is to opt to the mistake, make amends and not do it again.

I would stay away from your "friend" if he has a problem stealing, this will only lead to further crimes and a criminal record, which will screw up your life pernamently.

The problem with stealing or crime as a form of income is that it's incrediably risky and full of huge downsides.

Better to find ways to improve yourself and your skills as to generate steady income, even if it's mowing lawns or shoveling snow, raking leaves or whatever. People need these things over and over because they can't do it for themselves or are overworked.

Look for work and people willing to train you, good cheap youngsters who can follow direction are in high demand.

Apple won't hire anyone with a criminal record, and the economy won't be rosy for quite some time. Employers have their pick of good employees as it is now, they certainly would pass up anyone with a record or even bad credit.

Jail is a total and complete waste of time, your totally cut off from the world. Enough time "inside" and you go crazy from the stress, poor food, noise, fights and everything else bad.

Stay away from bad influences and if your a good person and care about others, you'll avoid getting into trouble.