WOW absolutely furious!!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
cant upgrade my current 3G to the new 3GS????????

WTF IS ATT AND APPLE THINKING...im very upset with apple for not giving ATT the smackdown on MMS, tethering and especially this upgrade bullshit!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

cant upgrade my current 3G to the new 3GS????????

WTF IS ATT AND APPLE THINKING...im very upset with apple for not giving ATT the smackdown on MMS, tethering and especially this upgrade bullshit!!

Its not Apple man. Its all AT&T.

Did you see the keynote? Apple was dissing AT&T all throughout the show. Apparently, thats all Apple can do at the moment. Hopefully behind the scenes Jobs is expressing his displeasure at AT&T most aggressively.
  • Reply 2 of 43
    ebaydan777ebaydan777 Posts: 269member
    you know what i believe it

fuck att..i called them they are actually making me wait until the day i bought the 3g

i bought the 3G on the first day it came out july 12, theyre actually gonna make me wait 3 weeks after this comes out to buy that one...im so irritated
  • Reply 3 of 43
    um... you CAN upgrade... you just don't WANT to pay for the upgrade.

Did you bother to read the CONTRACT that you AGREED to when you purchased the 3G???

I'm all for wishing you could upgrade on the cheap without regard to the contract... but it's a CONTRACT... you're BOTH (ATT and you) obligated to honor it.
  • Reply 4 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

um... you CAN upgrade... you just don't WANT to pay for the upgrade.

Did you bother to read the CONTRACT that you AGREED to when you purchased the 3G???

I'm all for wishing you could upgrade on the cheap without regard to the contract... but it's a CONTRACT... you're BOTH (ATT and you) obligated to honor it.

Do you all have to sign a contract to use your landline phone?

Contracts are now primitive and totally not necessary. They need to go away. And since its going to take a corporate bloodbath to make that happen I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching companies like AT&T get eaten alive by other new wireless network companies who position their business so as not to need contracts.

We're not at that point but I hope we will be soon.
  • Reply 5 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Contracts are now primitive and totally not necessary. They need to go away. And since its going to take a corporate bloodbath to make that happen I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching companies like AT&T get eaten alive by other new wireless network companies who position their business so as not to need contracts.

I agree, but right now people are bitching because they aren't being allowed to abrogate agreements that they've already made.

Also, keep in mind, that without the "contract" you'll be forking over $600 for your iPhone. Again, I don't have a problem with that.. but I don't doubt many would start bitching again because they can't get a non-contracted iPhone for $99.
  • Reply 6 of 43
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    What is the problem? I'm probably going to buy a 3GS in a month or so. In a year, there will be something better that replaces it ... possibly a lot better since LTE is around the corner. DANG!
  • Reply 7 of 43
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Why upgrade now?

Wait until contract is over, by then there will be a new iPhone.
  • Reply 8 of 43
    Quote:

Then why did you sign it? Did they put a gun to your head? On the contrary, you knowingly signed a contract last year with full knowledge of what ATT upgrade policies are like to save a few hundred bucks on a phone. If you feel that strongly against it, don't sign it and happily pay $600 in the future.
  • Reply 9 of 43
    ebaydan777ebaydan777 Posts: 269member
    so get this

if you purchased an iphone 3G last year...with a new 2 year contract (which was obviously allowed after the original iphone..funny to me that its not allowed anymore) you have to wait 1 year from the original purchase date to be able to upgrade to the standard new customer price of the 3GS....which happened to be July 12th for me, the first day 3G was released

i think, yes its a contract, but absolutely ridiculous that 3 weeks...is gonna stop att from selling me and everyone else who wants to have this new phone...from purchasing it, instead they need to add a premium to it...

this..is bullshit
  • Reply 10 of 43
    ... and NOT waiting 3 whole long weeks to get your new phone is really that critical?... It's not like your old phone spontaneously combusts simply because there is a newer model available. Keep using the one you were perfectly happy with yesterday for an additional 3 weeks, then get your new one.
  • Reply 11 of 43
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Have you lost your mind? In fact you do sign a contract to use your landline phone. Every single time you purchase something, you are executing a contract.
  • Reply 12 of 43
    ericvet8bericvet8b Posts: 70member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

... and NOT waiting 3 whole long weeks to get your new phone is really that critical?... It's not like your old phone spontaneously combusts simply because there is a newer model available. Keep using the one you were perfectly happy with yesterday for an additional 3 weeks, then get your new one.

Yes man!! I agree!!! It's not the end of the world you know!!! And also, you would be able to use your 3G one with the new software from next week........

Patience people!!!!!

• Reply 13 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by infinitespecter View Post

Then why did you sign it? Did they put a gun to your head? On the contrary, you knowingly signed a contract last year with full knowledge of what ATT upgrade policies are like to save a few hundred bucks on a phone. If you feel that strongly against it, don't sign it and happily pay $600 in the future.

Who said I signed anything? That was the other guy. I don't have a cell phone because of all the contract nonsense. I'm not stupid.

I'm waiting for when we are all assigned IP addresses instead of phone numbers. So the world's technologies haven't caught up to me yet. All I care about is ubiquitous wireless internet wherever you are and with no contracts. The technology is here to do it but backward corporations are standing in the way.

The offending corporations need to be eliminated.
  • Reply 14 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Have you lost your mind? In fact you do sign a contract to use your landline phone. Every single time you purchase something, you are executing a contract.

Umm, no I didn't sign a contract to use my landline. I can drop the company anytime I want to. In fact, I have. When the competition had something better, and with better prices I moved myself right over. Yeah, I had to pay an installation fee but so what? The same thing goes with ISPs. I dropped cablevision when verizon online came out with their fios service. The prices were better and so was the service. And I didn't have to actually pay money to a company for the privilege of not having to pay them money in the future (getting out of a contract). Its unbelievable that people actually tolerate that......suckers.

No not suckers......slaves!
  • Reply 15 of 43
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Umm, no I didn't sign a contract to use my landline. I can drop the company anytime I want to. In fact, I have. When the competition had something better, and with better prices I moved myself right over. Yeah, I had to pay an installation fee but so what? The same thing goes with ISPs. I dropped cablevision when verizon online came out with their fios service. The prices were better and so was the service. And I didn't have to actually pay money to a company for the privilege of not having to pay them money in the future (getting out of a contract). Its unbelievable that people actually tolerate that......suckers.

No not suckers......slaves!

Yes, you have. You have missed my point entirely. If you walk down to the corner store and buy a pack of gum for 25 cents, you have entered into a contract.
  • Reply 16 of 43
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

What is the problem? I'm probably going to buy a 3GS in a month or so. In a year, there will be something better that replaces it ... possibly a lot better since LTE is around the corner. DANG!

Setting yourself up for future disappointment? Nice strategy!
  • Reply 17 of 43
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    A contract you signed a year ago for the 3G should have NOTHING to do with a new contract that you would sign to get the GS. If they wanted to, ATT could write the new contract to amend or supersede the original contract and therefore give you the lower price.
  • Reply 18 of 43
    kaiserkaiser Posts: 9member
    Shouldn't we all be more upset that AT&T isn't on board with the upgrade yet. I think if Steve Jobs was back sooner this wouldn't have been an issue. As far as not being able to upgrade to the 3G S, get used to it next year at this time there will be an even better one that you'll want.
  • Reply 19 of 43
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

++++

The 3gs looks nice and if I had a 1st gen iPhone I'd be itching to get one. But the 3gs doesn't seem that much better than the 3g.

I can wait for LTE.
  • Reply 20 of 43
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

...3 weeks...

You'll live.