US iPhone for Ireland?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hey,

I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong place or is already a topic here.

I'm going to America next week and I'd really like to get an iPhone!

Ireland does sell the, but for a really expensive price that is not contracted for €569 which is $790.

I'm presuming that's expensive compared to the US price??

Anyways I was doing some research into it and noticed that only AT&T and the Apple store sell it? And you have to be contracted to an AT&T contract?

Does anybody know if there would be any way to get an iPhone (original or 3G) that is not contracted, no questions asked, in Orlando and brand new that i'd be able to get in the US and use in Ireland? (sim unlocked I know I will prob have to do myself) and around what price??

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ijohnijohn Posts: 16member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarahh View Post

Hey,

I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong place or is already a topic here.

I'm going to America next week and I'd really like to get an iPhone!

Ireland does sell the, but for a really expensive price that is not contracted for ?569 which is $790.

I'm presuming that's expensive compared to the US price??

Anyways I was doing some research into it and noticed that only AT&T and the Apple store sell it? And you have to be contracted to an AT&T contract?

Does anybody know if there would be any way to get an iPhone (original or 3G) that is not contracted, no questions asked, in Orlando and brand new that i'd be able to get in the US and use in Ireland? (sim unlocked I know I will prob have to do myself) and around what price??

Thanks

You can't do it. You have to buy a 2 year contract, and it's carrier locked anyway.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sarahhsarahh Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iJohn View Post

You can't do it. You have to buy a 2 year contract, and it's carrier locked anyway.

Yeah, but you can unlock it some way, and people in ireland have gotten iphones from america so im just wondering how