Use iPhone Offline?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I don't exactly roll around in money.

In my country, we have unlocked iphones, but is it possible to use it offline software-wise, so i can just use wifi?

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    macwhoremacwhore Posts: 40member
    yes, you can.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    so how exactly? i can still use calls then?

or is it just possible to turn off GPRS, 3G and EDGE from my providers side?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    arteckxarteckx Posts: 39member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by doctorbagr View Post

so how exactly? i can still use calls then?

or is it just possible to turn off GPRS, 3G and EDGE from my providers side?

If you are trying to use it as a phone still, you'd probably want to do it with the provider. You would probably have to ask the provider to see if they would do it. Here it was pretty easy to do in the past. In order to have data access, you had to have a data plan, even if that plan was the pay-per-use plan. Otherwise, no data. However, with providers wanting to sell more and more data, I could see them not wanting to turn it off, hoping that you just start using it. So, just ask them (but maybe not mention what kind of phone depending on their policies).
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by arteckx View Post

If you are trying to use it as a phone still, you'd probably want to do it with the provider. You would probably have to ask the provider to see if they would do it. Here it was pretty easy to do in the past. In order to have data access, you had to have a data plan, even if that plan was the pay-per-use plan. Otherwise, no data. However, with providers wanting to sell more and more data, I could see them not wanting to turn it off, hoping that you just start using it. So, just ask them (but maybe not mention what kind of phone depending on their policies).

Okay, thanks, i'll try, i think they do allow it, as they name it as an "add-on" function.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    why not reply?