An open conerning poor writing skills

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

brucep,

We all have something we need to work better at in our lives.

For example:

Some people are as*holes and can't place themselves in the others shoes before uttering something that will upset the other.

Some people are dyslexic, some people talk to dam loud. [period or ; after dyslexic]

Some people tend to spit when they talk, or pick their nose in public. [no comma after talk - there is no second subject of pick. tend & pick are compound verbs]

Some people have issues that are not so obvious, some are obvious. [period or ; after obvious]

Whatever it is we need to work on, just keep at it and smile because one day it will be fine.

Me, I'm perfect. [not quite perfect but getting there] I don't need any improvement obviously.

Nuff sed. No more critiques.

Piece (sic)
  • Reply 22 of 27
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Nuff seed. No more critiques.

Piece (sic)

Huh ? Please more critiques, its fun. In fact I wrote something below about why I left the forums for 9 months or so. Please my friend have a look see. Over at the pink floyd site they will be thrilled with my new writing skills .

>>>>>>>>>

One day the fog rolled in. The next morning the fog kept on rolling in, a deeper shade of gray than had ever been seen before. People spoke to me all I heard was a gray muffled sound.

10 days turned into 20.

40 day turned into months.

The cancer was eating away at me.

By day 117 I stop caring about anything. The treatments were killing me. A circle of radition and chemo round and round.

The grey fog I now see was only in mine eye.

And then one day it was over. Feeble I was for month upon months. After a million bowls gruel I ate. Yet every day I feel just a touch better.

I am now almost 60 percent recovered from the treatments.

Somehow i found my way home, somehow i found my way back here home.

Someone was trying to be funny and I thought you're not funny. Moom is funny. Moom ? I thought who the fuck is moom?

And it hit me I have friends someplace locked away. Hidden from my illness and shame.

And moom was one of my best buddies over there.

I miss you too moom.

I miss all you guys.

• Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

Huh ? Please more critiques, its fun. 9

Huh ? Please more critiques, its [it's - contraction, not possessive] fun. In fact I wrote something below about why I left the forums [fora - plural of forum] for 9 months or so. Please, my friend, have a look see. Over at the pink floyd, [Pink Floyd - proper nouns are capitalized or capitalised if you're across the pond] site they will be thrilled with my new writing skills .

>>>>>>>>>

One day the fog rolled in. The next morning the fog kept on rolling in, a deeper shade of gray than had ever been seen before. People spoke to me [,but] all I heard was a gray muffled sound.

10 days turned into 20.

By day 117, I stop caring about anything. The treatments were killing me. A circle of radition [radiation] and chemo round and round.

And then one day it was over. Feeble I was for month upon month [no s] and after a million bowls gruel I ate. Yet every day I feel just a touch better.

Somehow i found my way home, [period or ;] somehow i [capital I] found my way back here [to my] home.

Someone was trying to be funny [comma - compound sentence] and I thought you're not funny. Moom is funny. Moom ? I thought, "Who the fuck is moom?"

And it hit me I have friends someplace locked away and hidden from my illness and shame.

And moom was one of my best buddies over there [where?].

I miss you, too, moom.

I miss all you guys.

------------------------------

You aren't heeding the changes made in the previous thread.

We're glad you're recuperating. Keep up your positive attitude.

Where's the "Language Police", Mr. H? [is police singular or plural here?] Why haven't you joined the fray? There was a Grammar Rant thread in February 2008. I don't want to start another one, so this is the end, brucep. Send a private message if you want more critiques.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    Quote:

Huh ? Please more critiques, its [it's - contraction, not possessive] fun. In fact I wrote something below about why I left the forums [fora - plural of forum] for 9 months or so. Please, my friend, have a look see. Over at the pink floyd, [Pink Floyd - proper nouns are capitalized or capitalised if you're across the pond] site they will be thrilled with my new writing skills .

>>>>>>>>>

One day the fog rolled in. The next morning the fog kept on rolling in, a deeper shade of gray than had ever been seen before. People spoke to me [,but] all I heard was a gray muffled sound.

10 days turned into 20.

By day 117, I stop caring about anything. The treatments were killing me. A circle of radition [radiation] and chemo round and round.

And then one day it was over. Feeble I was for month upon month [no s] and after a million bowls gruel I ate. Yet every day I feel just a touch better.

Somehow i found my way home, [period or ;] somehow i [capital I] found my way back here [to my] home.

Someone was trying to be funny [comma - compound sentence] and I thought you're not funny. Moom is funny. Moom ? I thought, "Who the fuck is moom?"

And it hit me I have friends someplace locked away and hidden from my illness and shame.

And moom was one of my best buddies over there [where?].

I miss you, too, moom.

I miss all you guys.

------------------------------

You aren't heeding the changes made in the previous thread.

We're glad you're recuperating. Keep up your positive attitude.

Where's the "Language Police", Mr. H? [is police singular or plural here?] Why haven't you joined the fray? There was a Grammar Rant thread in February 2008. I don't want to start another one, so this is the end, brucep. Send a private message if you want more critiques.

But I am improving a little ,i hope. Time will tell. I will now go ahead and join a formal writing class to further improve myself. It's fun.

Maybe this thread can morph into a chit chat kind of place?

Coffee sequitur?

Peace

• Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

But I am improving a little ,i hope. Time will tell. I will now go ahead and join a formal writing class to further improve myself. It's fun.

Maybe this thread can morph into a chit chat kind of place?

Coffee sequitur?

Peace

I'm drinking coffee as I write this. Are you? Where do you live? Unless we live in the same zip code, I doubt that we can have coffee together. What did you have in mind?

BTW, don't want to correct your posts any more, as it's too time consuming, but if you have any direct questions, I'll be happy to answer them. Use Private Messages in the upper right corner of these threads. That will avoid non-interested AI members having to gag.

Mr. H, where are you? You can help brucep's plight, too. Or is the Language Police just on board to point out errors? That's helpful, too. brucep can learn from that, also.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Quote:

I'm drinking coffee as I write this. Are you? Where do you live? Unless we live in the same zip code, I doubt that we can have coffee together. What did you have in mind?

BTW, don't want to correct your posts any more, as it's too time consuming, but if you have any direct questions, I'll be happy to answer them. Use Private Messages in the upper right corner of these threads. That will avoid non-interested AI members having to gag.

Mr. H, where are you? You can help brucep's plight, too. Or is the Language Police just on board to point out errors? That's helpful, too. brucep can learn from that, also.

The coffee was a virtual kind of thing. I only felt that if people wanted too they could chit chat here sometimes. You know, like damn i had a bad day at the office or something like that.

Just saying.

• Reply 27 of 27
    [QUOTE=brucep;1430047]The coffee was a virtual kind of thing. I only felt that if people wanted too they could chit chat here sometimes. You know, like damn i had a bad day at the office or something like that.

Just saying./QUOTE]

Fine. But do it using Private Messages.