iPhone 3G S - Camera quality - Samples?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
So, is there anybody that has some fullres sample images of the new iPhone or sample videos? Can't people play with them at WWDC?.... nobody?

the image samples apple provides don't tell much about the resolution and sharpness of images, they're too small and probably tampered with (bottom there are two)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3g-s/photos.html

Before somebody tries to teach me that it ain't a "real" camera.... I know that. I don't want a replacement for my SLR but a snapshot opportunity that is usable for once. To take a pic of a poster, a magazine or book page or something... a pic that makes the text readable, which hasn't been the case with the 1. and 2. iPhone cam at all! I missed this functionality ever since I gave up my K800 and k750!

What about the camera cover glass though. The best camera chip and lens (although tiny) are worthless if the glass above is scratched. On my first gen. iPhone that has happend quite fast, whereas the screen glass still is absolutely scratch free!! Again... something that is laughable, why can't they put in the same quality/hardness of glass as cover for the lens!?!?

As I said... Apple provides some images at low resolutions that have been photoshopped, we all know that! The video they show seems to have been manufactured too, the hand is totally stiff, meaning its an image overlayed and the actual video on the screen is overlayed, so that is no good to estimate video quality either....

These are just too small... the birthday pic.... I bet they used additionali lighting..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    am pretty sure that google will be your friend with this. ppl put up galleries of the photos they take with the iphone, un-shopped. pretty good quality, in all honesty.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    randfeerandfee Posts: 7member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

am pretty sure that google will be your friend with this. ppl put up galleries of the photos they take with the iphone, un-shopped. pretty good quality, in all honesty.

please point out my inability to use the internet then by providing us with a link of an iPhone 3GS image gallery....