What about background apps?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi there

I've been hearing in the past few days a lot about the new upgrades, improvements, etc... about the new software OS 3.0 and the new iPhone 3GS, but nothing has been said about what it was said few months ago about being able to run apps and programs in the background....

Is that because it is not happening now, they have changed their minds, or because it is so obvious and assumed that nobody cares to mention it again....

I hope it is the later....

Cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ericvet8b View Post

Hi there

I've been hearing in the past few days a lot about the new upgrades, improvements, etc... about the new software OS 3.0 and the new iPhone 3GS, but nothing has been said about what it was said few months ago about being able to run apps and programs in the background....

Is that because it is not happening now, they have changed their minds, or because it is so obvious and assumed that nobody cares to mention it again....

I hope it is the later....

Cheers

I think you are making the mistake of confusing unfounded rumors as facts. The fact is that Apple never stated they would allow BG apps. In fact, they made it very clear that this was not the direction they wanted and the Push notifications was their preferred route. So, that the did not mention it does not imply that they 'changed their minds', in fact it re-enforces that they likely have not changed their minds and Push is still the way they are going.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

I think you are making the mistake of confusing unfounded rumors as facts. The fact is that Apple never stated they would allow BG apps. In fact, they made it very clear that this was not the direction they wanted and the Push notifications was their preferred route. So, that the did not mention it does not imply that they 'changed their minds', in fact it re-enforces that they likely have not changed their minds and Push is still the way they are going.

Oops, my mistake then...

I really thought it was a fact, not a rumour..... Damn!! hehe.

It would have been nice.....

Thanks for the info.

Can't wait until next friday 19th!!!!!!