Which one should I buy the 13 inch new White macbook or the new 13 inch MacBook pro

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Guys I wanna buy a MacBook tomorrow but apple released a new 13 inch MacBook pro and upgraded the white MacBook but I dunno which one to buy need suggestions and can you tell me why to buy that specific one I'm a student and really want a MacBook 13 inch one only because that's the budget I'm going for so out of both which one?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Unless you're looking to save $200, there's no reason to buy the whitebook.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    If you have no need for Firewire 800, I'd say get a refurbished aluminum Macbook for $50 less than the new white plastic one:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB...mco=MjE0NDk5Mw

If you absolutely need Firewire 800, I'd go for the new 13" MBP. The white plastic ones don't have the best build quality.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    javacowboyjavacowboy Posts: 864member
    Any idea why the white MacBook still has firewire 400? I thought firewire 400 was banished from every other Mac.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    So the White one and mac pro havent got any differences between each other is the screen of the White MacBook good I mean the colour resolution and etc an also performance?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    The 13" MBP has an LED backlit screen. The white one does not. The white one also does not have the new trackpad. There are other differences but reading tech specs for each model on Apple's website is easy to do.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    For $200 you get:

2.26ghz CPU vs 2.13

LED backlit screen

Backlit keyboard

FW800 vs 400

Mini-DP instead of Mini-DVI (not that means much now as there is one Mini-DP display and no adapter to standard DP).

DDR3 memory instead of DD2

8GB limit instead of 4GB (which will be impressive when 4GB DIMMs don't cost 10x as much as 2GB DIMMS)

SD card slot

Half a pound/quarter kilo lighter.

40% longer battery life.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    maclessmacless Posts: 14member
    I'd go for the MBP for sure. For me the Macbooks, both the unibody and the whitebook, have really poor screens, to the point that it gives me eye strain and headaches. That would be my main reason.

Aside from that, you'd benefit from a slightly lighter machine with a better build quality and longer battery life. Not to mention the new and improved trackpad, which in mind is the best I've ever used. Also, if 2-3 years from now you decide to sell your laptop, an 13" MBP would likely be in higher demand than a very dated looking (by that point) white Macbook.

I'm all for saving money on unnecessary features, but IMO this is a no-brainer.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    kestralkestral Posts: 308member
    For me, the screen alone would be worth the $200 difference, everything else just puts the MBP 13" completely over the top.