Intel® Core™ 2 P8600 - 2.4Ghz

4GB DDR3 Ram

320GB HDD

15.6" HD WLED (1366x768)

512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

802.11 agn

2.0M Webcam

and LED Backlid Keybroad.

I just checked the Dell US website.... it seems Hong Kong is selling this a lot cheaper then US based.....

As you can see.... this is Half the Price of an 15" Macbook Pro while being more powerful.......

[CENTER]No one cares![/CENTER]

It’s a Dell
  • Reply 2 of 9
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    Rather pathetic screen resolution, I must say. Essentially the same pixel count as Apple's 13" screen.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    but it has a much better video card and more ram.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

A quick trip to a handful of vendors fixes the RAM issue and people don't buy Macs to game with.

Yes Macs are more expensive ..you either are willing to pay the premium for OS X or not.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:

but it's a dell.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:

The Radeon gets close to the same benchmarks as the 9400M. It's better in some tests but fairly even. More VRam is good but not essential.

I would agree that for the price, it's a great deal though. The unibody enclosure is much better for cooling and strength but that + OS X isn't worth double IMO. 50% at most so it would look much better if the lowest 15" MBP was $1299 vs $1699.

Given that the 13" MBP has the same pixel count, the 15" display doesn't matter all that much but a 60" TV is still 1080p, same as a 42" and people value the 60" more. I know people who pay far too much for the MBP just to get the larger display and they don't even think about things like screen resolution. I've seen them running at a lower resolution by accident without even knowing.
  • Reply 7 of 9

You know, to see a Mac Pro at £899 in the UK? A bargain, eh? And through the lense of semantics...what I thought Apple should have done in the first place with the 13 inch 'Macbook'. It makes more sense from a marketing point of view to have a massive price cut to enter the 'Pro' line then raise the price on the Macbooks to make them 'less' affordable.

Why? Implications.

Being.

That leaves the Macbook 'white' looking strangely alone and out of date. Which leads me to think Apple (God willing...) will redfine the 'Mac book' market with its original mandate of affordability as the laptop for the 'rest of us'.

I think Apple are working on something to hit M$'s 'Apple Tax' campaign.

Some kind of netbook/iphone tablet/laptop thing?

We shall see. I'm guessing it will turn up before Christmas or early Jan'.

Lemon Bon Bon.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    ...and it will hopefully have more accessible price points from £495 to £795.

Lemon Bon Bon.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    iomaticiomatic Posts: 92member
    So get it.

Then, GTFO.